Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Walking back to Happiness

moomy
Posted by

Walks today; round Costco, Waitrose and then around shopping centre, shattered (shopping centre has a very hard, marble floor) 

so very glad the weather is lovely for the Garden Party! 

hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

In spite of not really trying, apart from the shopping centre walk, I’ve almost walked 3 miles today! And it’s yoga tonight.....

hugs xxx

Moomy

HappyFeet1
Posted by

Hi all, usual walk to next town this afternoon, glorious weather, heard cuckoos along the way, hooray! Heard one early in the morning about a week ago but nothing more until the ones today. Always feel that May is definitely 'launched' when the cuckoos start. Everything seems to be growing like mad, including the cootlings who were tiny last time we say them!

Sorry I can't rotate it you'll have to turn your phone or tablet or laptop sideways!!! 

hope you had a totally splendifirous day, bet you're exhausted but I hope very happy!! HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
moomy
Posted by

HM the Queen was definitely at the Gardsn Party today (I saw on Instagram!) so hopefully our lovely AnnJac will have seen her?

hugs xxx

Moomy

AnnJac
Posted by

Hi Everyone 

On the train now after a super day yesterday.  

We arrived at the main entrance about 2.50 and joined the queue to get in.  But moved very quickly and were soon in the palace.  Into the fore court where we could take some pics.

Then into the palace itself where no pics allowed.  And then out onto the lawns.  Glorious weather and lots of lovely hats and dresses.  

Will move to a new post for more pics

Anne xx

AnnJac
Posted by

Wandered around, sat in shade, until time for tea ...  see next post

Anne xx

AnnJac
Posted by

Tea was very nice and queues only about 10 minutes.  Staff were all lovely.

Anne xx

AnnJac
Posted by

Then the royal party came out.  Very difficult to see but caught back views of the Queen, and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

The queen was in greying coat.  When they had finished tea we had a slightly better view and we glimpsed the Queen, the duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward and Sophie, and the duke of Gloucester. 

Then we decided to leave by the Hyde park gate corner so we could see more of the gardens.  But it was a long walk and I was struggling but we made it.  Then taxi back and I could take my wig and hat off!

It was a lovely day and memories made.

Hope everyone is well xx

Anne xx

Flossie25
Posted by

Ladies... you’ve all been so busy ... lovely pics....so many of them.  I’ll have to be better at catching up on here. Good to see on here. Sorry about your colleague . You had a lovely visit to Buck Palace . London has been a popular place to be lately .. I too had a flying visit at the weekend.

Ive walked this morning and may get into garden this afternoon...hope it stays sunny.

xx

“ The only constant thing in life is change “

Leolady56
Posted by

Lovely ladies my view most days this week

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

AnnJac
Posted by

- that looks so relaxing.  Enjoy xx

Anne xx

moomy
Posted by

Think I’ve walked my socks off, 5.2 miles today! Glad to remove my walking boots and socks, I’m now barefoot with feet up, enjoying an iced lolly! 

It was a round mostly footpaths and bridleways in the north Bucks countryside. I even startled a skylark up into flight and song (I did apologise!)

hugs xxx 

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

AnnJac, I’m so glad you have a lovely time, great pics! You look lovely. 

Flossie, good to see you popping in

LeoLady, I think you totally deserve that view, enjoy! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

Will try and post a pic 

hugs  xxx

Moomy

Leolady56
Posted by

Yes we think normality is a thing of the past when we are living the poop

But hey ....  it’s a new normality for the vast majority 

I just like to pop by and tell everyone every so often that the poop does for most of us end 

Blessings and sustaining hugs dear lovelies

I'm here because many of you were there when I needed the support 

Leolady56 on restricted galloping due to @@@@  plantars fasciitis grrrrr

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x