Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Walking back to Happiness

seaspirit44
Posted by

Walk in sunshine today at Jumbles Reservoir. Very little wind, so the boats were struggling to move. My new hiking boots are sooooo comfortable. I think they are spring loaded, I’m walking do much better. Sent the second pair back, and hope I get a refund soon! xx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

earwig o
Posted by

Started training for the Race for Life yesterday and did 2.5K around Priory Park lake. Wasn't gasping for breath at the finish and legs still working today!! Will take my phone next time and get a photo or two, it was lovely with baby ducks by the dozen. Happy walking x

“For Every Reason It’s Not Possible, There Are Hundreds Of People Who Have Faced The Same Circumstances And Succeeded.” – Jack Canfield

seaspirit44
Posted by

Well done ! Let's see some pics xx

seaspirit44
Posted by

Sunny outdoor swim today, bliss! The. Webbed gloves certainly give my arms a good workout xx

AnnJac
Posted by

So lovely to swim .

- sounds like the allergen clinic didn't achieve a lot!  Can you start taking your tablets again now?  Hope so as they seem to help you a lot.

i walked slowly, and painfully to bus to meet some friends for lunch.  Also took opportunity to book hair appointment for a tidy up and some colour.  First time since chemo.  Still not very long but getting too hot for wigs.  So that is tomorrow lunch time to be followed late afternoon for my MRI brain scan to check that no nasties in there.  Trying not to get too anxious but of course every twinge, slight beadache, ache, twitch and yawn is a sign of brain tumours!  At least i have only had to wait a week for scan.  Results will be 2 - 3 weeks after I would imagine.  Trying to plan something nice for every day - and next two weeks sorted!

Love to you all

Anne xx

moomy
Posted by

Will be thinking of you, AnnJac, and hoping they find no problems whatsoever. Well done for the walk! And yes I bet the hair trim and colour will make all the difference to you! Hope it will help spoil you a bit, really needed.

yes I will be back on the Loratidine tonight!

hugs xxx

Moomy

Violetsniff
Posted by

Well,done,(still loving your ID name!)xx

and so pleased your boots are soo comfy ,...it must feel like heaven for your feet..

I went to my secret garden again today and saw this when I looked up from my book....I thought this girl blowing bubbles really a lovely thing to welcome such a lovely sunny week!( sorry wont download)x

also went to Knit and Natter and here is my latest project taking it easy ....

”The Roses are showing off(their beauty )”

moomy
Posted by

Well walked and exercised, everyone!

AnnJac, you’ll get there, lovely lady....

love the fact your boots are comfy, Seaspirit, but sorry the concert didn’t go better, though yes, that piece is ethereally wonderful so glad you sang it anyway! 

Violetsniff I'm intrigued, it looks interesting, please let us see when more complete? 

Earwig o, love the name too, well run/walked! 

I will get back to walking, honest! Today was pants, but at least it stopped us both from doing far too much in the garden, which we had done the previous day!

hugs xxx

Moomy

HappyFeet1
Posted by

Hi all, such lovely photos over the last few days, , and ! Hope I didn't miss any! And go, , sounds amazing! Haven't managed much walking at all, very lovely family weekend but not really clocking up many steps... but tomorrow is a definite, good walk to next town with friend, can't wait. Sorry to hear of the fiasco that was your allergy tests, , you couldn't make it up!! 

Happy getting out and about everybody, you've made think that ice cream might be more therapeutic in this weather, ! HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
moomy
Posted by

Such a lovely day, too nice to stay in, so after a morning experimenting with something on the Bombe, and then shopping on the way home, I had unearthed a problem so needed to go to the medical centre to file a complaint, I walked both ways; just over 2 miles in all, on the way back I walked across the Common, just lovely! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

seaspirit44
Posted by

Hood lick with the brain scan xxxxxx

seaspirit44
Posted by

Sorry about the typos Good luck !!!!!! 

AnnJac
Posted by

I preferred hood lick !

Anne xx

moomy
Posted by

Moomy

HappyFeet1
Posted by

Hi all, lovely photo , such great weather. Finally had a good walk today, usual one to next town and back. Saw older ducklings with their mum, so sweet! Lunch then therapeutic ice cream on way back to the river - thought of you, , we will have to meet for a scone or ice cream sometime!! HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi