Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Walking back to Happiness

moomy
Posted by

Swanage 

hugs xxx

Moomy

Violetsniff
Posted by

Oh dear...here is my “One for sorrow....”if anyone is superstitious...(not me!)...

Ooo!thankyou ....thise bluebells made me ridiculously excited !!!thankyou for thinking of me xx

”The Wysteria are here!!”

Amalie
Posted by

Hi there lovely seeing the flowers and scenery from everyone.  On yesterday’s walk I foraged some wild garlic, then picked a load of nettles from the end of the garden. I made a lovely soup then watched Countryfile where they were doing exactly the same thing!

AnnJac good to hear from you, hope you are healing well.

The soup has gone sideways!

Amalie xx

May the force be with you

AnnJac
Posted by

That soup looks good !  I love the smell of wild garlic.  To walk through woods with wild garlic and bluebells - heaven.

Anne xx

moomy
Posted by

Oooh Amalie, 

sounds yummy and so very good for you too!

hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

Walked along the River Frome 

hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

A good meander around Poole today, a bit of retail therapy, lunch, admiring boats and finding no Poole Pottery ( it closed a couple of years back apparently says Google) 

hugs xxx

Moomy

HappyFeet1
Posted by

Hi all, fine weather has returned! I prefer this to the hot spell, I love the sunshine but not the heat. 

Beautiful photos, , glad you have better weather for this holiday. That wisteria is so pretty , and so well in flower. Where I walked with a friend today, there was a wisteria tunnel which will be fantastic when it is properly in flower but at the moment nothing like as far ahead as yours. And that soup looks just delicious. so sorry you are confined to quarters, it's just been too long, I so hope the graft works and you can get on with your life. You are always so helpful to us all here, it's time things started going right for you. It's so frustrating when you just want to get on with the radiotherapy and get it done, yet are 'stuck' for now until some proper healing begins. Keeping my fingers firmly crossed that next week brings good news.

The walk today was lovely, walked out of town to the grounds of a 'stately home', very nice understated and unfussy gardens as well as a rather posh cafe - we sat outside on a bench in the courtyard as we had the dog with us, it was so peaceful and quiet. I guess a Tuesday morning isn't peak time! A couple of slightly 'hairy' moments, firstly when the resident cat appeared, luckily in the distance (dog not keen on small furries) and then when post people arrived (she's also not fond of a high-vis vest or anyone in uniform) but managed to divert her attention each time! The photos are of a dither of ducklings (no idea what the proper collective term is, quite like the sound of a dither) on a little 'lake'and the view from our bench.

Good luck to all getting out for walks or in the garden in this fine weather. HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
Violetsniff
Posted by

Ooo!....I love it!”a dither of ducklings”!!

And ....just loving the look of your nettle and wild garlic soup!!so clever.

The Continued Saga of Violetsniffs’ Hip (which only hurt when I went up stairs today...and so rarely use it but have it in my bag just in case)

sorry to go on about my hip...but I have a telescopic walking stick (pretty one)which is just slightly too low for me.I have seen one in the local key-makers shop and every time I go past I go and have another look.It isn’t telescopic though.So today I took my courage in bith hands (Courage!Mon Brave!)and went in and asked the enormous muscle man behind the counter if he could do me a big favour?I explained that I loved his stick but that I needed it to be telescopic,and I produced mine.I pointed out that I wasnt strong enough to move the button on the top to make it higher for me.He had a go,and I said,”if you cant do it nobody can”in a friendly way,At which point his boss moved from behind his counter and came to help him.Between them they managed it,”gasket “ and all,and I said,”Oh Bless you,thankyou,!!”and I asked what I owed them.They both kindly waived away any thought of monetry gain.I almost skipped out of the shop saying,”Oh!there are some good people left in the world!”and thanking them effusively.

It might not seem like much but I have nobody to ask really and I just saw the assistants’ brawny arms.It really is worth asking!

xx

”The Wysteria are here!!”

moomy
Posted by

Walked around Blue Pool in the drizzle, then onto Studland (one of the country’s finest beaches) where in spite of the weather I simply HAD to paddle! And then back to put feet up and read/watch Upstart Crow on TV, to be aided by a takeaway Chinese meal....

hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

And another Blue Pool pic (hopefully) 

hugs xxx

Moomy

AnnJac
Posted by

Was at hospital this afternoon for check on graft.  Nurse thinks it has taken!  There was an area with fluid under but she thinks that may be where there is skin underneath.  She lanced it to get rid of it anyway.   Redressed it and back next week when they will also check on leg (which they didn't do today as it is left undisturbed for 2 weeks).  So fingers crossed we have crossed a checkpoint and by next week graft will defunitely have taken.  See the plastic surgeon in two weeks when I hope he will give the go ahead for radiotherapy to begin.  Do hope all ok.

Very emotional at moment.  Rang GP surgery to make an appointment for a face to face consultation re fatigue, leg/foot/ankle that not working, insomnia, etc etc.  Receptionist was very nice but no normal appointments were available with any doctor in the 4 week period they have open for appointments.  And I just burst into tears.  So she has given me an urgent appointment for next Tuesday.  Didn't mean the water works to give me special  treatment.   Think she was worried about me as she said don't forget we are here and if you need to speak to a doctor just ring and She would get one to phone me. Very nice lady.  But I do need a face to face as how do you show how your foot and ankle don't move over the phone!

Anyway got a few nice things planned for the next few days - no real walking as I am only to potter.  But will potter to the bus and from bus to cafe to meet some friends timorrow and friday.  Then going to see Mum on Saturday.  Hardwick Inn again for lunch Moomy.

Happy hols, walking, exercising, crafting, gardening etc everyone xx

Anne xx

moomy
Posted by

Oh AnnJac,

really glad you burst into tears, and managed to get an appointment, hope it helps loads! And enjoy that lunch again! Hardwick Inn sounds good. 

I’m not sure if your GP practice has a similar procedure to ours, apparently cancer patients are ‘fast tracked’ to phone discussions/ urgen appointments?

So glad that it seems the graft is taking - at last, some silver in that cloud lining!  

Hugs xxx

Moomy

seaspirit44
Posted by

Love Swanage . Had a great holiday there in 2015. Found far end of the beach with a cafe a loos, and hung out all day. It was very hot 27, so lots of dips in the sea, followed by hot choc/coffee without having to get changed. 

Bliss xx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

moomy
Posted by

Super visit and a good walk round the grounds of Kingston Lacy today, not sure how far I’ve walked but though cloudy, it stayed fine!

hugs xxx

Moomy