Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Walking back to Happiness

moomy
Posted by

Hi Sunnyone,

did you pick some of the wild garlic to cook with? On watching some of the celebrity chefs, it’s very good, you can use both leaf and flower.

hugs xxx

Moomy

yellowroses
Posted by

Catching up on reading here - what a lovely Easter weekend for weather.

A bit too windy to venture out today I think! I've had two doses of  antibiotics during the last two weeks because of a  chest infection so wanted to check my energy levels!

I can still feela bit of stitch and/or superglue on wound, but will get someone to look at it before I go back to swimming.   I'm stil amazed at how little trouble it has  been.

Amalie
Posted by

That sounds good Yellowroses. I hope you can go swimming again soon.

Its very blustery here today, had a lovely walk with my friend and dogs though at times I wished I had taken my hat and gloves!

Still lots of lovely bluebells around.  Have a nice afternoon everyone 

Amalie xx

May the force be with you

moomy
Posted by

Lots of town walks done today, feeling too lazy for more, think with the windy weather it might just be a lazy evening and something simple to cook....

hugs xxx

Moomy

Violetsniff
Posted by

Hi,Well done (and what a nice name)...take care of yourself.

have only caught up with this page,sorry,am exhausted after my walk.My hip was beginning to hurt so I took a Codliver Oil (and calcium-)tab ,which looks like a horse pill!(which had been recommended on another site)and went for it,with my trusty ibuprofen...I have heard that if you find it hard to swallow a massive tablet,to turn your head sideways as you swallow.Works for me...anyway...but will definately get them in a smaller form next time!(I took my telescopic stick in my knap sack too.)

Well,Just catching up.I am afraid I hadnt been out into Storm Hannah...my friend was going to come but it was disruptive for travel on Public Transport,so I stayed in and had a contented time with my glueing and films on TV....

Anyway this morning walked back from Church along the River and it is such a lovely walk.I will download some photos if you just give me a second xxdon’t these swans look contented ?xx

”A shine of rainbows”

Flossie25
Posted by

Pleased you’re doing so well . Enjoy swimming when you get back to it.

xx

“ The only constant thing in life is change “

Flossie25
Posted by

Hope your hip is improving xx

“ The only constant thing in life is change “

Violetsniff
Posted by

Thankyou ....it just “goes from time to time.When I was put on letrozole the Oncologist told me that it would exacerbate anything I had had before.(for the first while,anyway)Well my hip did sometimes “go” at work,but not all the time.So even tho I am not at work anymore ,it still will”go”and I feel this may be due to letrozole....altho I have been on it a long time.Last time I asked the GP if I could maybe have an x-ray to just be sure it wasn’t moderate arthritis.(before that,it had been “mild”in both hips.)

Well,the x-ray showed nothing more than before really.

So maybe it is inherent in taking letrozole.I ‘m not sure.But it is a nuisance as I have to walk everywhere as I don’t have a car.Just grrrrrrrrXxx

”A shine of rainbows”

moomy
Posted by

Been trying to post for half an hour, slow ‘net here I suspect, plus maybe also at Mac towers too. 

1.75 miles walk around the ancient grassy ‘wall’ around the town, in a lovely sunny afternoon following a pub Sunday lunch....would post a pic but suspect nothing is doing!

hugs xxx

Moomy

HappyFeet1
Posted by

Hi all, love the photos, don't know if I'll remember them all but .... beautiful bluebells, , super swans (and sorry about your hip, wonder if the changes in weather aggravate it?), looks like a great place, , I've lost track and can'r remember where you are??

Have managed small walks lately, nice enough but want to get out and about more really, just can't seem to fit it in! In and out of town yesterday then shopping with friend, clocked up same amount of steps (roughly) as much nicer walk today with hubby and dog. Weather not great so photo not either...

There's a heron somewhere in the second photo but I can't find it! Happy walking/ getting out and about week to all... Hope all is well with you , haven't seen you posting here I don't think, would like to send some therapeutic scones... HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
seaspirit44
Posted by

Lovely walk today at Lymm Dam after a fish and chips pub lunch

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

AnnJac
Posted by

Lovely walks everyone!  

I've not been out and about for a week or so.  Had skin graft on Tuesday and donor site, upper thigh,  is quite sore when I move around so haven't been doing a lot.  Certainly no walks or therpeutic scones .  But eldest son and 18 month old grandskn been for weekend whilst daughter in law had a girly weekend.  Lovely to see them.  I had very sjmple meals delivered from Ocado so it was easy for me.  Hubby was away for 3 days immediately following graft so I didn't have to cook for him or anything for 3 days followjng graft.  He is a bit thoughtless though.  As he left he hoped I would be OK and said contact him if I needed him.  Fine so far!  Then never heard a dicky bird from him till he got back at 9pm Friday night.  A text would have been nice.  MEN!  Anyway grandson was delightful and ate and slept all at the correct times.  

Next week sees hospital visit to check on ba*ra*d boob as I now call it.  Leg doesn't get checked for 2 weeks.  Lets hope this works and I can get back to some walks and pics and radiotherapy can start.

Enjoying your visits, walks, stories - keep it up and I'll join in properly again soon.

Anne xx

moomy
Posted by

Hope things go well with that graft, AnnJac, take it easy till you’ve healed. 

I'm in Dorset, Wareham to be exact; let’s see if my pic will post now....

hugs xxx

Moomy

Violetsniff
Posted by

...love your new profile pic!and ..yes..I was just saying to a friend the other day that it seems that cold ,wet ,damp weather seems sometimes to exacerbate the pain...and can I vicariously have one of your cakes?(am on a diet....)

...you have been so brave having a skin graft...I remember taking my Dad into Hospital for one and I had to make myself scarce while he had it..I couldnt bear to see him in pain....he did ask me where I had been!(old Soldier)

....I just love your picture...how lovely ..

anyway another photo from yesterday...the wysteria are out!and looking perfectly beautiful!hang on,give me a minute.....

”A shine of rainbows”

moomy
Posted by

Violetsniff, 

bluebells just for you 

hugs xxx

Moomy