Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Walking back to Happiness

HappyFeet1
Posted by

More great photos, love the buildings , and the many blossom pics, so pretty.

Good walk to next town and back with another friend, it's becoming a well-trodden path (actually there are many different paths, I guess a frequent destination is more like it) and as always a cafe stop. 

Highlight was seeing lovely duck family with 9 ducklings!

Work tomorrow so no walks but hopefully Thursday..... HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
AnnJac
Posted by

Well . . ..  .

Phone rang at 12.15.  It was the hospital to say they had been expecting me at 12 for my skin graft today!  No telephine calls or letters telling me about this!  I am an hour away from hospital but agreed to drop everything, drag husband away from preparing for his golf holiday tomorrow to drive me there and back and got to hospital by 2pm.  

So I have had my skin graft done under a local anaesthetic.  Didn't take long - took me to theatre at 4.10 and back at 4.50.  So i now have a huge plaster on my leg and another on my breast.  Back next Tuesday to check boob.  Dressing stays on leg for 2 weeks undisturbed.  No pain at moment, think I may still be numb!

Can't drive for a week. 

On my own for 3 days from tomorrow.   I was hoping to take myself for treats.  But guess it is binge TV - certainly tomorrow.   

Love everyone's pics.  Was planning a Bluebell visit this afternoon - but at least I can see them in your pics.

Enjoy your walks xx

Anne xx

moomy
Posted by

Goodness me, AnnJac, that was quick! Hope the painkillers work for you........gentle hugs xxx

yoga again this evening, excellent!

hugs xxx

Moomy

HappyFeet1
Posted by

That's great news, , and I think you're amazing for being able to just 'get up and go'!! Wish I was nearer and I'd take you out for a celebratory tea and scone!! But hopefully you can just give in to the TV bingeing, you have the perfect excuse! And the weather is about to turn anyway.

Wishing you speedy healing, lots of very gentle hugs, HFxxxx

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
Violetsniff
Posted by

There was an old saying we used to say,”It always happens to Nurses”and if something is going to go wrong or mess up it seems Nurses come in for ir,as patients!what a shame you do seem to be everso messed about...however,so glad for you that the surgery is done and dusted now..A day binging on a good box-set seems just what the Doctor ordered!!

give yourself little treats too.You have been thro a lot,and your kind long-suffereing hubby!with Hospitals!

Here is a little photo I took in Oxford,may make you smile...

love Violetsnif xx

interesting wooden cow piccy,Xx

”The Bluebells Are Coming”

seaspirit44
Posted by

Great news ! Fancy them not letting you know! That would really have freaked me out. Well done, you are on the road to recovery now xx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

moomy
Posted by

So, AnnJac, as the weather is changing, box-set-bingeing is definitely the way to go today, hope you’re doing ok and any pain is well under control!

hugs xxx

Moomy

Violetsniff
Posted by

Hi,Hons,

well,I havent been out as such but went to gym yesterday and saw the nice trainers and had a little laugh,and then have been doing lots of cross-sitch really,and accidentally ended up with a little art installation as it goes,when I was trying to stop that peeping tom...just on case...havent seen him since.

it began with a stained glass I found in my wardrobe,then a bird I found and was a bit scraggy,so bandaged him up (in antique lace),and some old silk flowers and a tiny mouse house that has appeared from somewhere.Now I love looking at it!!

”The Bluebells Are Coming”

moomy
Posted by

I went for my favourite walk this morning as the forecast looks not so good, decided I’d go early in case it rains later! Crab apple tree in blossom....

Hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

And a blossom reflection!

hugs xxx

Moomy

Flossie25
Posted by

. How fab that you could get to the hospital and have your skin graft.... great it’s out of the way. Pity they couldn’t have forewarned you the usual way by sending a letter. When you get your donor site dressing off it will be looking good after 2 weeks ... will just have to moisturise it thereafter....you’ll get instructions. Your graft should do the trick for your wound.... hope things look good at your first graft check. You must feel so relieved.

... you alwAys have good ideas.

Ive yet to get out for a walk... just been round a hospital this morning...not done much at all. ..... later  ‍♀️

xx 

“ The only constant thing in life is change “

Amalie
Posted by

Hi chums you have all been busy the last few days, lovely pictures and updates.

AnnJac how are you doing? I hope neither site is sore and you are managing.

Had a lovely time over Easter, lots of fun with my nephews including kayaking on the river. Did a bit in the garden and spent so much time outside in the lovely weather. It was a tonic!

Also did a lovely bluebell walk 

Amalie xx

May the force be with you

moomy
Posted by

And a walk round a pretty Dorset town was on this afternoons list, hubs wheeled....

I may be doing a bit of walking but mostly ‘hanging put’ and having a good break! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

Sunnyone
Posted by

Ah lovely ladies: after a terribly busy week at work this thread is such a consolation. I thought you might like a pic of the wild garlic in flower that I took on my work home today. 

I hope you all have a peaceful weekend planned. I have a very sad funeral tomorrow but I have building up to it for a couple of weeks so I think it will be a relief to have had the funeral.

Counting my blessings.
moomy
Posted by

I hope stairs will add to my walking this week, there are 24 between the hall and bedroom, with the bathroom off from the hall, and sitting room and kitchen halfway up.......the ‘cottage’ is really a town house on 3 floors! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy