Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Walking back to Happiness

Violetsniff
Posted by

(....continued from last post )..had waliked 700000 miles(7.5km) and my hip was killing me  and I was pretty “done in” and I wanted to order some things but couldnt stand to do it!  I needed to see The items and have help to order as am hopeless with that sort of things.anyway the assistant was sooooo kind and sat me on a ( John Lewis) sofa and came and sat by me and went and got the items for mE to view and helped me order(took at least half an hour) it was only a lamp and some spesh shamppoo) but the lamp had tp be “copper or rose-gold coloured”and go wiith the existing style of my lil flaHe smiled a little at my patriculars, but was SO helpful and I ordered the things and said thankyou for their extreme kindness.Then I asked if I could use the loo and they sent me to the Diisabled Loo( on the same floor.couldnt climb stairs or use lift) and I said I dont have a spesh key.. but they said thats ok... so when I got there, it was licked with no visible handle,so I thought “ oh maybI have to yank it” so I kept trying and this voice inside grumpily yelled that there was a man in there!! Ooooo heck..i dont ususally use one so didnt reLise he was locked from inside!! So I went anD lost  myself in the store so he wouldnt see me when he came out!! In end i did find a nice loo at The Randolph where I had a gorgeous moktail, being served in a mesmerisingly dlow way by a nice french waiter.It was worth it!! Xxxxx

”The Bluebells Are Coming”

moomy
Posted by

Sounds as if you’ve had an amazing day, Violetsniff! 

I’ve  been very lax on the walks this week, been busy with puppy and now he’s gone home, gardening! Just did a massive water as it’s been so dry! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

AnnJac
Posted by

- sounds like you had a lovely day.  Isn't it nice when people are kind and take the time to help you.

Weather is gorgeous but got too hot in our garden.  Had to take my wig off.  Hair slowly growing but not well enough to be seen in public.  And wig so nice. 

Walked to supermarket this morning- it was a struggle getting back but got here in the end.  Going to Mum's tomorrow and niece and 3 children coming to Mum's for tea.  So mum's made a Victoria sponge, I've made chocolate buns with a nutella surprise in middle, and we will make sandwiches.  Worn out now.  Oh how I wish I could feel well again.   Went to Isle of Wight last July just after I found lump but before treatment. Walking and cycling for miles.  Treatment starts - and I've not felt well since.  So I understand how you felt - and so nice that a handy sofa and helpful assistant. 

Enjoy the rest of this lovely weather. 

Happy exercise everyone. Xx

Anne xx

seaspirit44
Posted by

Thank you xx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

seaspirit44
Posted by

Lovely day out xx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

Sunnyone
Posted by

I'm sorry you are still having such a hassle - you are amazing to still be so level; I would be ranting.

I reckon you have a future in writing! Love your stories. 

I hope the sore boob is settling.

Have done bits and bibs of walking yesterday but this was my favourite moment. As I approach the allotment, this is always the moment where work falls away.

Counting my blessings.
Violetsniff
Posted by

...could you get a taxi home with your shopping when uou are struggling? I had to at first after my op...I  so understand Xx

Thankyou,,and ...thanks for understanding.This cancer lark does leave its’ mark,doesnt it.

my hip “goes “every so often,and usually when I am walking for miles.I will have to put my stick in my bag next time.Yes,poeple can be very kind,especially shop assistants,and then it is worth its weight in gold.

I woke up having a flush in the night and pottered about getting a few little jobs done.So my recalcitrant handyman never came back and I am awaiting a replacement grill from someone else (have waited since the high winds knocked a flap out)and it is such an etesore.So I stole out at 0500 this morn and did this.No one will ever know......Xalso a xouple more piccies from Oxford...Xxxx

”The Bluebells Are Coming”

moomy
Posted by

Awwwww AnnJac, so sorry you’re finding it this tough still, hoping for MUCH better times ahead.

Violetsniff, I hate it that you too, struggle, cancer is such a ‘generous’ illness, it keeps on giving of problems! 

Sending all you lovely lovely ladies big hugs xxx

Moomy