Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Walking back to Happiness

Optimistic
Posted by

Great news xxx

seaspirit44
Posted by

Thank you . Xxx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

Sunnyone
Posted by

So pleased for the good news!

xxx

Counting my blessings.
moomy
Posted by

I did try a walk with the puppy but we didn’t get very far! Been playing lots in the garden though......

Hugs xxx

Moomy

AnnJac
Posted by

Back from hospital.   Held it together reasonably well considering not feeling great; as as well as healing I have a cold and a UTI!  Never had a UTI before - I'm blaming Letrozole.  Phoned GP yesterday and she prescribed antibiotics over the phone.  Improving.

Anyway - got distracted there!  We have decided to do a skin graft next week or the week after.   He needs to look at his list and see where he can squeeze me in.  Local anaesthetic.  So fingers crossed this works.  Then nurse decides that she will put some jelonet with gauze on the wound and my "snug" bra will hold it in place.  I did tell her it wasn't that snug as F cup one side and B cup the other . . .   So got home and guess what dressing had slipped; bra stained with blood.  So luckily I have a box of various dressings from the last 13 weeks and i have dressed with the most comfortable dressings I have and ordered some more from gp surgery.  I will do my own thing with wound until I have the graft.

Still got no energy, get breathless and legs very heavy.  But lets get healed, then I can start radiotherapy and once that is done I will try and sort out everything else.  I reckon it will be end of May before radiotherapy starts.  Not much walking being done but I have decided not to push myself at the moment.  I will try and get out though for the sake of my mental health.   I could do with a Little Henry !

Enjoy the lovely weather everyone.

Anne xx

Lellyv
Posted by

Bless you what a rotten time your having. I wish you all the best . Stay strong. You can do this-  what ever it takes.

Sending love. 

Xxx

Lellyv 

moomy
Posted by

Awwww, AnnJac, 

im gutted for you, this is soooo rotten! (But Henry would just exhaust you, cute though he is!) 

And sadly yes, UTI’s are horridly more common on Letrozole which is very annoying (been there, done that and if the antibiotic doesn’t swiftly sort it then ask for a change, I’m prone anyway and had a rotten 3 weeks worth!) 

really hope the plastics guy can fit you in very soon, and it sorts it all out!

big hugs xxx

Moomy

Amalie
Posted by

Hi everyone

AnnJac so sorry to hear your news. Good you have made a decision for the next stage but what a rotten situation for you. You are doing well to put up with it all.

Seaspirit you must be relieved, it’s good news thanks for letting us know.

Lovely to see the purple bells, on this pic there are a few white bells in amongst the blue ones, from my spin round the park Monday lunchtime at work.

Very happy with the warmer weather and it’s gonna keep improving... even if walking is not an option lovely to get outside and feel the sun on your face!

Amalie xx

May the force be with you

seaspirit44
Posted by

Thank you xxx

seaspirit44
Posted by

, so sorry you are still not healed, but glad that the surgeon is going to do a skin graft. That should do the trick. You have been left in limbo for so long. Don't bkame you doing your own thing with such conflicting advice. Big hugs xxxxx

seaspirit44
Posted by

Thank you , and love the bluebells xxx

AnnJac
Posted by

Retail walking today to get FLAT shoes for garden party.  M&s had a good range and so haven't had to trail from shop to shop.  Just need to review handbags.  Want a small one but needs to be big enough to hold two forms of identification for each of us!

Then some food bits.  Had changed bed this morning and ironed a few bits so by this time I was worn out.  So quiet afternoon including an hour in the sun. 

Cooking tea now but an evening of TV methinks.

Happy Easter everyone xx

Anne xx

Flossie25
Posted by

Great news .     you’ll feel much better after skin graft is done and get healed then you can complete treatment.

Gardening today ... did 3.5 miles.

xx

“ The only constant thing in life is change “