Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Secondaries

catlover53
Posted by

I’m getting really nervous and anxious. I’m hoping somebody can maybe reassure me. I’ve found a lump and have been for tests and waiting for biopsy results this Friday morning. I had the tests yesterday.  Since I woke up this morning (after a 9 hour sleep which is unheard of for me) I’ve ached all over including my back, my neck, my hips, my neck, everywhere, but the thing that’s worrying me the most is I’ve got a really achey dull pain and sometimes sharp under my right rib at the bottom and I just feel generally really ill. Even my sides hurt. I’m starting to worry I’ve got secondaries and I’m scared.

Any advice? 

mistymoley
Posted by

I'm sorry to hear that you have found a lump, this period is very stressful and I'm sure that this is causing you tension which in turn will cause all kinds of aches and pains.

Worrying won't change anything, the likelihood is that you don't have secondaries at this stage, so try to stay positive.  Stress and negativity are bad for us and certainly don't help us with cancer.

Try to keep busy and do let us know when you get the results back.  Whatever the result, we are here to support you and do remember that if you do get a breast cancer diagnosis, the outcome is very good these days.  I was diagnosed 6.5 years ago and I am still very much alive and kicking.  Hang in there.

Helen

I am not medically qualified, please consult your doctor or undertake your own research.

catlover53
Posted by

That’s the thing though I was feeling calm last night when I went to bed but today I’ve ached from moment I got up intil now even after an Epsom salt bath which usually knocks it on head. 

Thank you for your kind reply Helen xx
Optimistic
Posted by

Hi catlover53 please don't jump to conclusions too soon. Friday will soon be here and you don't need to worry yet it may be many other reasons. As already said stress can cause all sorts of symptoms .Try to look after yourself in the meantime waiting really is the worst but this time next week you'll have a plan if needed but hopefully good news xxx

Gunnersgal
Posted by

Hey Catflower

When we first find a lump we imagine everything. Any ache can become a pain. I now have secondaries in my spine a few years after my original breast cancer diagnosis,AND I have yet to have a single pain or ache. Long may that continue.

The biopsies for me were the worst part of all my treatment and left me with more aches than anything else. Fingers crossed you will be OK and not only the lump will be nothing but so will all those aches.

Take care 

Xxx

Deb09
Posted by

Hi, I can completely relate to how you are feeling, since I was diagnosed 24th November with a lump and lymph node involvement I was certain it had spread everywhere as I had horrendous back pain and neck pain! I then had a ct scan and mri scan which were all clear! Following the operation the back and neck pain subsides for a while then I've noticed when I've got upset and worried it comes back and nothing including doing epsom salt baths worked for me other than thinking positive, so as others have said its' more likely to be stress related! Ive tried to be more positive as i was making myself ill with worry thinking it had spread even though the scans were clear which just made my aches and pains worse! We can do this and I've found the ladies on here massively supportive! Deb xx

Optimistic
Posted by

Hi catlover how are you hoping your news was positive been thinking of you x