Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

AWAKE.........

LondonLass
Posted by

Oh well that's life..........xxx

Baki
Posted by

Same here. To make things worse looks like I'm starting a cold. Not very good for PET scans as it doesn't make them very accurate. Hope I shake it off before Tuesday. 

We shall not live forever so laugh when you can & cry when you need to. 

LondonLass
Posted by

Start drinking the lemon and honey........ward off those nasty germs! Xx

LondonLass
Posted by

RIGHT Baki, time for us both to get a few more hours sleep, we can do it.......

SWEET DREAMS HUN. Xxxxxxx

AnneCC
Posted by

Hope you non-sleepers managed to get a few hours last night.i normally have the same problem but last night I went to a friend's for a girlie get together,had a couple of glasses of wine,I'm not much of a drinker,danced around the kitchen and on the chairs ,came home at 1.40 and slept like a baby for 6!!! hours.i'm not recommending alcohol as a cure but boy did I need a fun night out after a  horrible few weeks.having seen the photos on whatsapp this morning I cried laughing instead of crying quietly because I've been so down.thank god for friends

Anne 

LondonLass
Posted by

6 hours, lucky you AnneCC, I'd be happy with 4+hrs! But you never know, maybe tonight will be the night ;) Hope you have another good night!

Baki I hope you managed a few hours of sleep tonight too. (((((((((((Sweet dreams hug)))))))))) xxxx

LondonLass
Posted by

Well I managed 2.5hrs.............

AnneCC
Posted by

I only managed a couple of hours sleep too.looks like Saturday night was a one off!oh well back to the usual aching joints and night sweats

Anne 

LondonLass
Posted by

Sorry to hear that AnneCC, but hopefully that one good night of sleep has reassured you that it is possible! Are you taking anything go help with the night sweats? I recently started on Venlafaxine and it has really helped, I still wake but usually feeling warm rather than dripping with sweat as I was before! 

Hopefully things will settle for you soon! Xxx

AnneCC
Posted by

Haven't been taking anything for the night sweats as I find tamoxifen enough of a nuisance as it is and not keen to take more drugs.i'm only working a few hours a week at the moment so am able to keep going.i am full of admiration for those ladies who manage to work full time feeling so tired so I can't complain really

Anne

Anne 

Baki
Posted by

Took Panadol cold & flu and I slept like a baby for 6 hours! Btw they say that this med is not good for us. Is that true? Just wanted to shake off my cold before my PET scan tomorrow........scared

We shall not live forever so laugh when you can & cry when you need to. 

LondonLass
Posted by

WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST FOR TOMORROW Baki! I will be thinking about you all day and offering you a virtual hand to hold. Fingers will then be firmly crossed for Good results. You really do deserve some good news. (((((((((BIG HUG)))))))) xxxxx

oh and I am now really jealous about you getting 6hrs sleep too!! Am I the only one who takes this non sleeping club membership seriously ;-) xxxxx

LondonLass
Posted by

So that's 3hrs sleep for me tonight! I'm halfway to that 6hr target!! Xxx

skaila
Posted by

morning sal

I've only been a member of this club for a week - ever since I started taking codeine phosphate at bedtime - I wake up at three-ish come downstairs for a cuppa, read the paper on line, then back to bed with a talking book and out till 9ish

no where near as troublesome as you guys, but thought I'd pop in so say hello

xx

JMC04
Posted by

Well hello everyone,

That's it for me tonight, been awake since 3.30am...I'm giving up trying to get to sleep now, got a hospital appointment on my mind and it won't let me sleep. I've got a very long day ahead plus a five hour drive  at the end of it. I shouldn't moan really.

Does anyone have any good ideas of things to do to pass the time in the middle of the night...quiet things? 

JMC04