We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

AWAKE.........

moomy
Posted by

Morning, thinking of all who have appointments or anything hospital-based today and hoping all goes well for you, especially (you show ‘em!) and (what a brilliant appointment your DH had!) 

stay safe, all

hugs xxx

Moomy

Northerner
Posted by

Morning everyone .... good wishes for all with  appointments and treatments 

you show them how strong you are x

One step at a time and ...Breathe !
xoxox
Margaret
AP7
Posted by

Thinking of everyone who has appointments today. Especially you, - give 'em hell!

seaspirit44
Posted by

, that is so good. All the things my CBT therapist tells me! xx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

seaspirit44
Posted by

Well fruitloops, I’m sitting in a beautifully spaced waiting room, drinking the horrible stuff, with 1 1/2 hours to wait for my scan. They let me in at the fire door of the chemo unit to have my cannula. There was a bit of confusion about where I should go, but the nurse was very helpful and sorted me out. LP was very upset that the cafe was shut, but he has found my lunch bag and is happily munching. He keeps trying to. put my mask back on, as I’m trying to drink the stuff!

Love to all fruitloops xxx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

Snowys Mum
Posted by

Hi

I was shocked but not suprised to read your post. How horrible and cruel of them. I suspect the long wait you had was him trying to get his nerve together. Complying with his NHS guidelines.

Of course you should have the treatment for as long as you need it. Keep saying you feel well and want active treatment.

With working at the nursing home I see this, the hospital is so keen to slap DNACPR and no hospital admission on our residents. 

Good luck sweets and I hope you get another consultant you have been treated appallling xxxx

Helen
Northerner
Posted by

Sorry problems with iPad again soon phone answers to word pictures 

1.. damp puddle showers wet storm clouds 

2.. music party cheese hungry red

yummy

3.. mirror straw couch tiles cat cord 

xoxox
Margaret
LondonLass
Posted by

Hope the appointments went well today and LP behaved!! I hope you aren’t feeling too rough after Chemo! Fingers crossed for few side effects! Sleep well Hun!

Sleep Well Fruit Loops! Xxxxxxx

Stay Safe, Stay Alert and Stay Loopy Xxxx
moomy
Posted by

Night night fruit loops, sleep well and stay safe

sleepy fairy dust available, help yourself

hugs xxx

Moomy

Northerner
Posted by

Night everyone x

xoxox
Margaret
LondonLass
Posted by

Perhaps a little early to say Good Morning, so instead I’ll say......

Whatever you have planned for today and for the weekend. I hope you all have a nice time while staying safe of course!! 

Does anyone else find it really scary how this year is just passing by? One week rolls into the next without you really seeing anyone, beyond the family you live with! It’s so strange! I don’t think I have ever really appreciated the freedom we had, until now! I must admit I do feel a little bit jealous of the people who seem to be going back to their ‘new normal’! Those people who will be off down the pub tomorrow or heading out for a meal or even those who have been back to wonder round the shops! I currently don’t feel safe to do any of those and I’m not sure I will until a vaccine is found!

2020 really has been an unforgettable year already! I just hope and pray that people will continue to stick to Social Distancing rules, so that we don’t see a constant run of local lockdowns! I think we’ve lost too much of this year already and although I don’t feel safe to go out and get back to ‘normal’ yet, I really hope others can but in as safe a way as possible! 

So for me today contains the usual walking Bella, the best part of my day! Then a phone appointment with my counsellor, which is better than nothing but certainly not as good as talking to someone face to face. Oh and then huge excitement.......

We have an Iceland shop arriving see who knew that 2020 would be all about the excitement of an online shop!! But maybe that’s just in our house !

Anyway, what ever you are all up to! Please enjoy! We will get through this crappy year and hopefully much better times lie ahead! Sending lots of Love and Hugs to you all. Sal xxxxxx

Lacomtekp
Posted by

You can join me for a cuppa... and although things are different here and I did get a quiet week away, I'm just as scared as you as to what holidaymakers will bring into our virus free area. Already lots of UK cars.....How is that happening? Loopholes? ....I shall be back in the garden and my walk around the house, for the next few weeks, I'm sure. 

LondonLass
Posted by

Karen, I think you call it bloody great loopholes! I know the ferries are running again! So I’m sure that will explain some of the UK vehicles! The thing is people have been unable to travel for a few months and god forbid they miss out on their holidays away in the sun, just because of some annoying Pandemic!! I swear some people think it’s all hype!! Makes me so cross! Let’s face it if this was taken more seriously at the start, we wouldn’t be in such a mess today!

Anyway enough talk about that! I’m glad you got away for a local break! Wish everyone could think like that! Surely so long as you are away from your own four walls it’s a little holiday! Hope you have a good day Hun! I am going to try and get a bit more sleep!! TRY being the word! Xxxxx

moomy
Posted by

Morning! 
I’m with you, , this virus hasn’t suddenly gone away, it’s still raging about! Oh, and did you know, the vast increase in testing that’s been recorded is a bit like the massive amount of PPE; yes, each person has to swab throat and nose with the same swab BUT it’s counted twice, like a pair of gloves is 2 items of PPE! Oh dear, when are we going to hear the truth? 
, so glad you had a week away but so sorry some of the Brits are arriving to make you more concerned....

Hugs xxx

Moomy

Violetsniff
Posted by

Sorry...am a bit late to the Party!!

only just started reading back over days I have missed!

a..I love the idea of your van....what a wonderful idea you can go wherever you want!Social distancing rules applying of course!

I am not sure if I am the only one a little confused re the new rules now.People seem to take 1mPLUS as one meter...forgetting it also means at a baxk to back etc etc.Why do people always miss the small print?

I am still in week4- 5 lockdown in my head to be honest,and feel much safer with absolutes.

Having said that,I was secretly pleased when the rules relaxed slightly as I was beginning to Feel everso locked in.

sorry if that seems like a contradiction.

sleeping isn’t too good at the moment....possibly the heat and fab coffee bags I drink as I read my book snuggled up.I must have one naughty thing!!

a girl needs a treat.

well,Bye for now,lovelies,

PS may I join you for your cuppa?

xxx