We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

AWAKE.........

moomy
Posted by

Hi ,

I too think you should go for that second opinion (third and fourth if need be) since all your results have improved. That Onco needs a kick up the bum if he thinks you should take this lying down, when you’ve done so well since getting home. How dare he a) keep you waiting that long without apologising and b) tell you that he is withdrawing treatment when it’s obvious you’ve been improving and coping with the s/e’s.

big hugs xxx

Moomy

Grogg
Posted by

I agree for your own peace of mind you need a second opinion as it sounds like your relationship wth this doctor isn't working for you both.  Do you have anyone who could advocate for you?  A family member or your BCN.  I was told first day I met my BCN after diagnosis that she would be my advocate if I need someone to voice things for me.  

Sadly many consultants lack tact and are a bit blunt!  My eldest sister, who had a brain tumour was told by her surgeons after results that IF the tumour came back they could operate again.  A week later she met her oncologist who scoffed at what the surgeon had said and remarked "it's not IF it's WHEN".  Just that one sentence broke her and took away her hope! 

Carol
4 year NEDDY!
Grogg
Posted by

I've been busy the last few days listing on Ebay.  I have a load of Big men T-shirts, jumpers, shirts and trousers brand new, many in unopened packages I found in late SIL house.  

I also found 3 bags of shoes, men & women, mostly brand new with labels or looked like just tried on.  As we still on lockdown in Wales I couldn't take them to homeless charity so I gave them to a local church group who have a charity shop and use the money for local charities.  

I'm thinking of donating the Ebay sale money to my daughter's wedding fund as a wedding gift from her late Aunt.  Do you think this is okay or should I give to charity too?  If I sell everything for starting price I will only get about £100.

Carol
4 year NEDDY!
Kwissy
Posted by
  1. Hi Grogg, I think that would be a lovely idea to give the money you get from selling on eBay to your daughters wedding fund. I  think she will appreciate it and perhaps use it to buy something in memory of her aunt for the great day or for her new home. Best wishes anyway xx
puzzler
Posted by

Thanks to everyone who sent messages of understanding

Grogg….the BCN agrees with every word the Dr says....but both of them only see me when I am in pain , frustrated , upset.

I have a very good friend who really l understands , but no  " non patients " are allowed into the unit …..

I wil see what happens tomorrow....

best wishes to all...…...me  x

Kwissy
Posted by

Hello puzzler, just to wish you luck tomorrow with your hard won treatment. Very big but very gentle hugs xxx Kwissy

HappyFeet1
Posted by

Hi , what about making a list of things you do when you’re feeling ok? Then you could show it to the medical staff to give them a better idea of the ‘well’ you, rather than their more usual perception of someone who is in pain/ discomfort? They won’t know that other side of you otherwise, so are basing their advice on all the worst aspects of your situation, without appreciating that you have lots of ‘good’ moments in between the bad. Just a suggestion, maybe it might help. Good luck tomorrow, lots of love, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
Northerner
Posted by

Answers 

1. ITS first letter of each word of sentence 

2 His  mother

3. The letter S

4. River

5 Surname

6    9 ..each son has one sister so 7 children 2 parents 

Margaret 

One step at a time and ...Breathe !
xoxox
Margaret
moomy
Posted by

Night night fruit loops, sleep well and stay safe.....

sleepy fairy dust a-plenty, help yourself as you need

hugs xxx

Moomy

Flossie25
Posted by

Popped on to say Hi... hope you’re all as good as you can possibly be.

.... best of luck for your chemo tomorrow. Go for a second opinion. Can’t believe the attitude of your Onc. So much for being involved with decision making. Contact PALS. Sending hugs.

xx

“ The only constant thing in life is change “

seaspirit44
Posted by

I’m very impressed with the treatment DH has had from GP and hospital. He has had a suspicious skin lesion near his right eye, noticeably growing. Using the app ‘ask my GP’ we wrote out the problem, uploaded a photo ( bit blurry) and the GP rang him next day. He was referred on the 2 week rule snd he went today. Met at the door, ticked off on a list, sent to wash hands. Seen on time, consultant was reassuring, but thought it should be removed. She found the plastic surgeon, who came after a short wait, and removed it. Used steristrips, so no stitches to come out. Histology results by post, no follow up unless necessary. All done and dusted! They are keeping patients to a minimum by only seeing suspected skin cancers, and booking no follow ups. Marvellous!

Love to all fruitloops xxx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

Northerner
Posted by

Night wishing a peaceful for everyone 

Margaret x

One step at a time and ...Breathe !
xoxox
Margaret
jmp
Posted by

Judith xx

Flossie25
Posted by

Excellent service ..... 

Xx

“ The only constant thing in life is change “

LondonLass
Posted by

Good Morning Fruit Loops. Hope everyone is doing okay! 

Just wanted to pop on and wish and all the best for today! I have just finished putting together a few snacks for LP. He’s now heading over in your direction to help you both out today....

Fingers crossed he behaves himself!!!

Really hope you both get on okay and let’s hope you don’t feel quite so rough this time ! You show that Onco that you are a tough Fruit Loop who isn’t giving him!! Xxxxxx

Stay Safe, Stay Alert and Stay Loopy Xxxx