Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

AWAKE.........

HappyFeet1
Posted by

Hi very sorry to hear about your hubby's prostate cancer. Like we have recent experiences of friends with this, some on 'watch and wait', others needing treatment but all successful. So stressful for you and your family, am thinking of you and hoping for better news after scans. 

Lovely to hear that is having a well-deserved relaxing break. Love to all, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
seaspirit44
Posted by

,  so sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. Do let us know how he gets in, Big hugs to you, and , and and LP, who is being a good boy. I'm still waiting formy scan/blood results, waiting us awful isn't it!.Love 's photo, and hope she is having a good time. Xxx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

Optimistic
Posted by

Thankyou and sorry for your news hope all is ok for you both xx

puzzler
Posted by

Granny Lara , sorry to hear your news , I know several men in our walking group have had this , all doing well , one was operated on by a robot ....

did fund raiser today for radiotherapy machine , ........80 miles of petrol, a raffle prize and  a cake donation , £4.50 for the table , £1 for coffee  £1 for cake ( that  my cousin made ! )Not sure it  was worth it for £18.40 .........but every little counts ! 

I have paid for a table at the Christmas fair , after all it is a “ day out “ !!

i can’t make the brackets behave 

love to all.  Xx

Bustysusy
Posted by

Jenny ( grannylara) and i were diagnosed at the same time (2014)  and had our treatment at the same hospital and been "bosom buddies " since. She and hubby are a lovely couple and the bosom buddies and fruit loops will be here for them both.

MIND OVER MATTER - I don't mind and what you think doesn't matter.
Flossie25
Posted by

Sending hugs and .... fingers crossed for all the results you /OH are awaiting xx

“ The only constant thing in life is change “

grannylara
Posted by

Thanks lovely Fruit Loops for your kind messages.

Hope you all manage some sleep tonight xxx

Love and hugs Jenny xxx

“ We don’t know how strong we are, until being strong is the only choice we have.” xx

Northerner
Posted by

Night all

margaret x

love and hugs 
xoxox
Margaret
Jess1111
Posted by

This came up on my "recent" so I just wanted to say that I hope you all get some sleep, even though you don't know me!

I never had any problems sleeping before (2 y-o daughters and central London job, so I am usually unconscious before my head hits the pillow!) but since my diagnosis at the start of this week I've been lying awake fretting and waking up all the time. Sometimes not even worrying, just awake!

Beyond annoying!

Jess x

moomy
Posted by

Dear Weeblemum,

that leg looks really sore, glad you’re keeping it elevated. If you’re on blood thinners that would have contributed to the haematoma, you poor love! 
might be worth asking if alternate cold and heat might help it? (always start and end with cold if they agree, but ask before you try, in any case cold will probably help?!) 

Hope dear LondonLass is enjoying her break.....

love and sleepy dust to you all

hugs xxx

Moomy

Northerner
Posted by

Hi 

glad you found your way here if you able to this is a good place to visit . Nearly always someone 

AWAKE . Be warned it is full of fruitloops and you may find yourself laughing outloud. At the moment I’m sleeping quite well because of cold and no steroids . But feel free to look back to see how active it can be . It can be full of good advice as well

night 

Margaret x

love and hugs 
xoxox
Margaret
Jess1111
Posted by

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm quite happy to do some laughing out loud at the moment, definitely better than lying awake running through thoughts in my head. Or watching repeats of past series of Bake Off, haha. I find Mary Berry very soothing! 

Not helping that it has gone SO COLD either. I'm very shivery! Weird to think how hot it was just two weeks ago.

Jess1111
Posted by

I actually got to sleep! But then woke up at 4am totally drenched in sweat, pyjamas, sheets and everything sopping wet. Yuk! And now can't get back to sleep. I'm hoping to catch another hour but I bet my daughters will be awake soon - they have definitely heard and taken very seriously that thing about the early bird catching the worm!!!

Silverberg
Posted by

Hi Hess

I had quite a few of those swampy nights when I first started on letrozole. Happily, that SE seems to have eased.

My kids are grown but our grandchildren also like catching worms. At least at our house. I try to confront myself by thinking that they love our cuddles so much they want them at 6.00. And not 8.00 like they do at home.

It won't be long though until an early morning is about 1100. So enjoy. Hubby woke me last night telling me to strap Isobel in. He was fast asleep but we'd had a great day in Whitby. We went on the steam train. A great Christmas present for all of us to enjoy. Much better than more plastic rubbish.

Fresh jamas out ready help with swampy nights.

I'd rather be polishing a Red Arrow.
Silverberg
grannylara
Posted by

Welcome , to the our group,  the one no one wants to join.

Welcome also to anyone else who reads the posts but doesn’t  write on here you are all welcome.

You can be yourself here, cry, rant, shout, laugh with us, we are all here to help.

Someone is usually around most of the time, we all support each other, and of course we are a bit nuts, but it helps, hence the name Fruit Loops.

Also you may see a little guinea pig appear, who goes by the name of Lucky pants, he goes with us to appointments, treatment scans etc courtesy of the lovely Sal, () who started this helpful thread.  See we are mad but very supportive too.

Hope all goes well for you, xx

Love and hugs Jenny xxx

“ We don’t know how strong we are, until being strong is the only choice we have.” xx