Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

AWAKE.........

Weeblemum
Posted by

Ha, , I love this cat - I'd adopt it in a minute!!! Sooo like me some mornings as well, although my hair is still more baby orangutan than kitten! 

- good luck for today - hope it goes well! 

- hope chemo goes well today - enjoy your trip, fingers crossed that the weather is okay for you.

Happy Friday to all you Fruity Loops - hope everyone is as well as possible.

Best wishes

Cathy

x

Northerner
Posted by

Ha ! Can you see similarities to cat just not enough left. Can still look a bit wild when sleeping cap removed . Not bad though for EC 

love and hugs 
xoxox
Margaret
moomy
Posted by

Thinking of you  

hugs xxx

Moomy

Weeblemum
Posted by

That's pretty good for EC! I lost all of mine whilst on FEC - I didn't do the cold cap as didn't want any extra time in the unit and I wasn't really bothered about hair loss. I was hoping that it would come back thicker and better than my really fine mop, and it did! It was also curly. It didn't come back purple like I wanted, but can't have everything...

I wasn't meant to lose my hair on Eribulin as apparently it doesn't usually cause massive hair loss, but it started coming out in handfuls on day 8 of the first cycle, after only one dose... (you have Eribulin twice in a cycle - day 1 and day 8) When I came down to 50% dosage it started growing back, but it's really thin, fine and curly this time, so very orangutan like! It is thickening slowly, but as I'm still on the drug, I suppose it's not going to grow back fully. 

My next chemo (as this one seems to be failing) is the oral version of the C is FEC, so it's possible that it's going to drop out again! Hey ho... I thought about a henna crown piece last time, but couldn't find anyone local to so it. I might have another look if I lose it again! 

Best wishes

Cathy

x

Northerner
Posted by

Hi  

I didn't use cold cap ,personal choice time and some discomfort versus hairloss . I did go to a pixie cut just before chemo which meant no product or heat on hair .just warm water and tiny amount shampoo . 

I do feel cold because even at my age I'm used to thick mop .

Also now use Nioxin shampoo but again only when nesc.

Strange thing is hairdresser had to trim it last week as getting too long . Have decided not to shave as don't fancy stubble do just letting it do its own thing 

Should imagine might go after next cycle...watch this space 

Margaret x

love and hugs 
xoxox
Margaret
Northerner
Posted by

Wishing everyone a peaceful night 

Margaret x

love and hugs 
xoxox
Margaret
seaspirit44
Posted by

Shaggy,,spiky are GOODv@puzzler and ! Xxx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

Weeblemum
Posted by

Good morning Fruity Loops, and happy Saturday!!! 

Weather looks like it might be grotty all weekend, so hopefully I can motivate myself to finish the knitting I've been trying to avoid for several weeks...

Thought this might give the cat lovers among us a bit of a giggle. For my birthday, a friend gave me a book called '100 reasons to panic about being a cat lady' I got to number 5 and this happened... 

On another note, I've still got a very sore leg due to the haematoma over the shin bone after falling whilst getting onto a chair on Monday morning. I didn't hit it very hard, but the bruising is amazing!  It goes all the way round my leg, down into my foot and up to the knee. I'm definitely becoming fragile in my old age!!! 

This doesn't really show it in it's true colours! Between this and the constant bruising on my belly due to the anticoagulant injections, I look a right mess! 

Have a good day everyone - hope everyone is as well as they can be! 

Best wishes

Cathy

x

Optimistic
Posted by

Hi everyone and love to xxx

Scan over now the anxious wait for results. !!! At chemo Monday for bisposphonate infusion so very glad I still have L.P. Taking him out shopping today to Skipton xxx. Hope everyone is ok xxx

Weeblemum
Posted by

Don't let LP spend all his picket money today, he has to save some of it for the dreaded 'C' word...

Glad the scan went okay - how long will you have to wait for the results - always the worst part! 

Good luck for Monday! 

Best wishes

Cathy

x

Optimistic
Posted by

Thankyou I shall make sure L.P. is responsible xxx. She said about a week and I could ask at chemo !Monday if they were ready but I very much doubt that. She was asking if I have any follow up appointment and I always start panicking it's a hint of something.  X!!!!

grannylara
Posted by

AHope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Wow , that leg looks really sore, think no more climbing for you.

Hugs to anyone who needs them.

Sal, () is enjoying her rest away, she said there are lots of “interesting” views from her cottage.

Well this week has been a tough week, hubby has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, he is now awaiting a bone scan before they decide on treatment, it just feels as if it’s one thing after another. Our 3 daughters are devastated it was hard enough for them knowing I have incurable cancer to now find their dad has cancer too. They have been brilliant, but I know they all worry about us. This is our life now and we just have to deal with it the best way we can.

Love and hugs Jenny xxx

“ We don’t know how strong we are, until being strong is the only choice we have.” xx

Lacomtekp
Posted by

Oh Jenny.....

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's cancer. However, thank goodness they've found it because we know so many men in our age group( post retirement) who have had treatment for this very successfully.  I hope it will be the same for your husband. 

I can understand why your girls are worried. My sons have been very supportive of myself and their Dad, who although nothing terminal, has been a type 1 diabetic for nearly 40 years. He had treatment on his prostate too but luckily his was benign. 

I hope the next scans for your husband can be arranged quickly and treatment underway soon.

How are you feeling in yourself? I think you had your first bc around the time mine was diagnosed in 2015? I remember seeing your name and you probably helped to reassure me when I found this site in the spring of 2016 so thank you for that. I'm  sorry to read that things haven't gone quite so smoothly for you at the present time.

Must get on....I'm not supposed to be on here while I'm on holiday but I'm just having a quiet five minutes on my bed before we go out for a meal. 

Cyber hugs

Love Karen

moomy
Posted by

Dear Jenny/GrannyLara,

so sorry to read your news, I hope that can be easily treated and sorted......I’m sure your girls must feel scared though.

sending love and lots of hugs xxx

Moomy

Northerner
Posted by

Jenny so sorry to hear about your hubbys diagnosis .

So many of our friends are dealing with prostate cancer at the moment .

Thankfully all I have to report is good news with successfull treatment .

I do know that at the moment that doesn't help how you and your family are feeling but wanted to say thinking of you .

margaret x

love and hugs 
xoxox
Margaret