Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

AWAKE.........

seaspirit44
Posted by

Very busy and rather difficult couple of weeks. Shingles after effects, another virus, and a corneal abrasion. All slowly settling but debilitating. Lots if appts. Have a very good optician who saw me twice in a week, and very helpful GP who prescribed the necessary drops without needing to see me. 

Saw the bladder and bowel nurses for help with my ongoing toilet issues. There is no magic wand, as I expected, and she gave me some useful suggestions, but I was upset by the consult as I usually am with nurses. I know I am a very complex case with lots of conflicting problems, but I do so hate to receive the standard advice and remarks given in a slightly admonitory tone, making me feel like a naughty schoolchild! I know I am oversensitive to such scenarios after experiences with my various Hosp admissions, but don't need it!

Finally, the local chemist, who is normally very good, really let me down, for the second time. Items lost without trace, served by an idiotic girl, kept waiting fir 30 mins, finally had to shout that I had run out and needed them now!! Sorted eventually , but really upset me. Don't trust them now, don't need the extra stress!!

Next week bowel oncology/scans Eeek!

Rant I over, thanks for listening xxx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

Silverberg
Posted by

Talking bubbles.

I was an instructor with air cadets. One day it came round to be turn to stay behind to do guard duty. Great, chance to heat some water and have a proper wash. 

Got into my one man, lightweight tent with my bowl and some new clothes impregnated with soap. Started at the top laid on my towel. By the time I got to my hips there was foam everywhere, and increasing. Fantasies came into mind and I was Mickey Mouse. I couldn't shout for someone to get clean water. All blokes and the inner tent was transparent. So I did what any fruition would do. Laid giggling for while, washed the rest and got dried best I could. Praying the bubbles stayed inside the tent.

Those were the days!

I'd rather be polishing a Red Arrow.
Silverberg
seaspirit44
Posted by

Do not want to cast aspersions on the lovely nurses on this forum, most are lovely, just SOME who can upset by their attitude. Xx

Northerner
Posted by

Sorry your having a hard time.

I'm with you on being spoken to like a schoolchild .

Given your problems you most probably have this info but just in case . Although I have a bowel condition ( minor ) I didn't realise there is a Bowel andBladder online community . I only found it when looking for I can't wait card . There is an app for iPhone which for me is bril as it has a public loo map lol.

Apologies If you already have this info 

Margaretx

love and hugs 
xoxox
Margaret
Northerner
Posted by
love and hugs 
xoxox
Margaret
seaspirit44
Posted by

, thank you. I did not know there was a bowel and bladder community. I got the card from them (now use the Maccy one) but did not spot the community. I'll look at that xxx

Northerner
Posted by

I haven't been on it just notice the header for it .  Hopefully it's as active and supportive as this one .

Margaretx

love and hugs 
xoxox
Margaret
moomy
Posted by

Hi Seaspirit,

so sorry you’re going through a lot! Nurses( quite often the young ones) can be rather condescending I’ve noticed. Pesky souls! But you’re brave and clever and can rise above it!

i too use the iPhone ‘app’ (called toilet finder) hubs is diabetic and finds mornings can be difficult sometimes. 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

Bustysusy
Posted by

Over the past 5 years I've had several scans and mammograms but not had any results. In our area we don't get the results if mammo's (even on an annual recall). So to say I was surprised to get a letter from my surgeon to let me know that the CT Scan I had 3 weeks ago was clear would be a but of an understatement. 

MIND OVER MATTER - I don't mind and what you think doesn't matter.
puzzler
Posted by

Seaspirit , sorry to hear that with all your problems you are being so frustrated with the care . I thought having pharmacy problems was mine , sorry you are sharing it !!

my feet are peeling and I am terrified to tell the oncologist Friday as I know I will be “ told off “ and am also scared she will stop the chemo ........

had a crown fall off a front tooth and got in a panic about dentistry with chemo , but the dentist was wonderful, fixed , no problem !

seems like side effects and problems crop up all the time , worry worry .......

hope you are getting sorted out ......

me x 

Ruby Rose
Posted by

Dear

please don’t keep any side effects from your oncologist / chemo team . Side effects can be life changing , your team will be able to gauge. The severity of your side effects and give you advice on remedies - I was told to keep my feet cool and that helped my problem. I shudder to think what my side effects would have been if I had received my last chemo. One year on I still have peripheral neuropathy in my feet and finger tips but manageable . Remember too that they can slightly reduce your chemo which can elevate the side effects without effecting the success of your treatment . 

Wishing you well

love 

Ruby Rose  

My face looks better when I smile - so smile it is ! 

seaspirit44
Posted by

, had a look, good to read others' stories.

, thank you. A.ways worse in the morning for me too! 

, thank you. I would not wish pharmacy problems on anyone! Your feet peeling problem is NOT  your fault! You have to have some sort of life.Mine  swelled, went red, peeled whatever I did ,rest or walk, and I persuaded them not to stop it.Didno't go swimming though for rear of cracks getting infected. Are yours OK swimming? Of so, go for it!! When is your next bloods/CT? Always scary! Xxx

puzzler
Posted by

Sea spirit thank you for your everlasting support . My feet have not gone dry cracked or blistered , which I was warned about, just peeling . Swimming is fine , makes me feel human ! Blood test today , seeing oncologist tomorrow CT in about 2weeks . My 84 year old friend is so ill now , I hate to se her struggling to breathe and in so much pain , she phoned the hospice in the night and was told no one could help , she is vomiting on morphine , I hate the way she seems to have been abandoned , she has a wonderful brain and can talk for ever on any subject usually , but not now , 

kept awake by cramps tonight ! One thing after another !

hope you are getting sorted out , and meet some empathetic knowledgeable nurses , you do not need to be patronised ! Best wishes as always ...me  x

Dreamthief
Posted by

Morning 

Sorry if this is a bit vague but trying to get back into this after being awol with the house move...

Are your feet peeling as a side effect of chemo ?  If so a lot of ladies have used Udderley Smooth with Urea for this issue and it helps with the peeling going into the dry / cracked / painful stage; or progressing to what is called Palmar Plantar (PPE)

You can read more about it here and it is available from Amazon.

Nice to be back  G n' J

seaspirit44
Posted by

,peelng does not sound so bad, and well done swimming! Good luck with scans /bloods, so very anxiety provoking! xxx  Very sorry about your friend. Sounds. as if she has been abandoned poor lady . xxxx