Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

AWAKE.........

LondonLass
Posted by

Keep going Margaret () You make me laugh! Any chance you’ll be coming to the meet up!? Think you and I would get on like a house on fire! Oh look at that, back round to our favourite subject.......

Well someone has to put the house fire out  xx

Northerner
Posted by

Not this time  will be about to have mo

5 EC . So will have to defer the horrible cross country journey . I here for long haul herceptin for a year after chemo . So maybe next time . Yes I would agree we seem have the same weird humour . Still laugh at surgeon face when he said reduction for remaining boob for balanced. My reply was why will I fall over . Lol

Most inappropriate in the mean time Fruitloops 

love and hugs 
xoxox
Margaret
LondonLass
Posted by

Well I may as well keep the bubble theme going, Sort of!!

How about this little chap......

It made me Smile, which wasn’t easy this evening! Very Tearful but Jenny () gave me the virtual hug I needed, as always! and Margaret () your posts helped too! 

Well before I finally settle down for the night, between these stupid bloody sweats. I may as well say.......

Well it is past midnight!! Night night EVERYONE! Tomorrow has to be a better day., PLEASE!!!!! Xxxxx

Silverberg
Posted by

Hi Sal

Just woken up in the middle of a sweat. Went to the loo and by the time I got back I was shivering like I'd got swine flu. Fresh jamas needed. I'm g king for an interview so I can do supply at my old school today. I've worked out how to get there and allowed an hour spare so I can dry off before I go in to the office! Just hope I don't turn swampie half way through. 

I think thermostat is functioning again.

Did you fix on a date for Birmingham?

Night night

I'd rather be polishing a Red Arrow.
Silverberg
LondonLass
Posted by

Hi Hun, just mid sweat when I saw your post! Firstly Good Luck with the interview! Although I have to say WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY! Then they wonder why they are short of funds! Next they’ll want a reference from themselves to send to themselves......RIDICULOUS!!!

Make sure you have plenty of time to cool down on arrival, take a bottle of water and pocket fan if you have one! Also if you feel a flush coming on while you are waiting to go in, close your eyes and really think about your body, slow your breathing and take deep breaths. If you are able wet your wrists under a cold tap or hold the cold water bottle against them! It helps! Don’t be afraid to use the fan during the interview, just apologise and say I have hot flushes! If it’s a woman of a certain age they’ll understand and sympathise. If it’s a man he might not get it, but you will feel more relaxed by acknowledging the issue, rather than worrying about how you look! Hope that helps!

Yes Date for Meet Up is 9th November! There is a new thread, Birmingham Meet Up! If you are up for it, let me know via this thread or the other one! Hope you can make it! 

Right, time to get another hours sleep before the next flush/drowning! Xxx

WhatHappened
Posted by

Owww Sal , you are so thoughtful with all your comments and suggestions, I was just reading your post/reply to Silverberg and I thought I'd have to reply and say how kind and thought.  I am so tired, I am definitely going after I finish this post.... cup of tea, feed cats, including Baxter (Baxter may have a new name when he gets micro-chipped, he's just not sure if Baxter does him credit).  

I will update you on his story, I just can't do it tonight, I'm so tired.  

Baxter has asked me to say 'Meowww' to you and to thank you for asking after him.

Wishing everyone all the best with test results, appointments, treatments, recovery's

Right..... Nighty Night Fruit Loops ~ Love to all xxx

Northerner
Posted by

Hi

Good luck today x A bit late for today but 

I managed to get a cooling mist spray yesterday in Savers . 0 % parabens  I got it for chemo days but it could be useful to cool you down when needed 

Also oriental hand fans from Amazon . 

They may help forstall any floods  as I say too late for today . 

Margaret x

love and hugs 
xoxox
Margaret
ShimmeringUnicorn
Posted by

Love it

Reminds me of....(well I have had fibromyalgia for years so brain fog)...and I was sat in the tub surrounded by bubbles... but sniff..sniffsniff...that didn't smell like my usual stuff but snnniiiiiffff....

it was familiar... sniff...   Oh!  Toilet cleaner! And yes I did have to check that was where I had put it kuz there was a very real chance I could have been lying there removing the lime scale from my butt!!

Cheers

...it is OK because unicorns can see you : )

LondonLass
Posted by

What a story to wake up too.  what can I say! No really, what can I say other than......

I’m sorry!  Uhh hum, seriously. No wait......

Sorry, gives myself a slap! Stop it Sal seriously, this is no laughing matter......

Oh stop, stop my tummy hurts! 

Right okay I can do this! THANK YOU for sharing that story Hun, it was great! Obviously not for you, unless you had limescale to remove in all those hard to reach places....

AND I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME THAT DID THESE SILLY THINGS!

Think deodorant for hairspray was one of my classics! Oh and furniture polish as body spray! Wow I smelt good that day! Sadly I have to admit that for me it was pre Chemo brain!!!!

Oh my goodness it’s official I’VE ALWAYS BEEN A FRUIT LOOP!! 

Silverberg
Posted by

Morning

Thank you fruit loops for replies and the giggles. I'm loving waking up to your giggles.

Just to reassure you, I'm not going to my school for an interview. Now I have to join an agency that provide supply staff to school. It is a waste of money because schools must have to pay the agency. I did supply when the children were little, then the school rang direct if they needed you and the authority paid. I had a group of schools who rang. Personally I think all newly qualified teachers do a period of supply. Talk about baptism of fire,but great experience.

I'll think about Birmingham and discuss with Hubble.

Silverberg
LondonLass
Posted by

Well, we’ll talk about odd couples! I think i’ve seen photo’s of your other half!! 

Is this him????

HUBBLE???

Silverberg
Posted by

Always told him he was out of this world.

I've just spotted that mistake myself. Although it's not my mistake, this spellchecker really does have its own form of intelligence.

Silverberg
Londonmumof2
Posted by

One day I'm going to post something here from my phone without correcting autocorrect, and run a competition to see who can guess what I've said? Mine is on Samsung's own English UK dictionary, and I refuse to add a decent one as they want access to my phone calls etc. to allow it. Who knew that 'thr'. 'ove', 'todat', 'mastectom MR', were words?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don't just give up.' Stephen Hawking,
Weeblemum
Posted by

Good luck today  - hope the dreaded flushes keep away! 

- I always think that I've got enough bubbles when they've filled up the shower cubicle!!! I don't do baths... 

Saw the oncologist yesterday - he's decided to delay the next cycle of chemo by three weeks to see if my peripheral neuropathy improves - I'm losing feeling in my hands and feet  - always dropping things and I trip over nothing - managed to spill half a cup of boiling hot chocolate on myself in the waiting room yesterday - cue me hopping about going 'hot, hot hot' and trying not to swear in front of lots of people!  Now on cycle 17, have been on it over a year, so he just thinks that the side effects are beginning to bite. He think it's probably why I'm beginning to get lots of minor infections as well despite bloods being okay - now on my fourth set of antibiotics in 2 months! 

Fingers crossed that the PN will improve in the break or he will have to stop the chemo, which is still working on the cancer! Good thing is, he now does have a few other options up his sleeve, whereas previously he's told me that the Eribulin is last chance saloon...

Hope everyone is as well as possible - good luck to those who have appointments (medical or otherwise) today! 

Big hugs to all!!!#

Best wishes

Cathy

x

seaspirit44
Posted by

, glad you are stable enough fir onco to give you a break, and hope PN improves. Glad he has other options too. Take care xxx

and you gave me such a laugh, and and xx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!