Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

AWAKE.........

Bustysusy
Posted by

Given half chance who wouldn't 

MIND OVER MATTER - I don't mind and what you think doesn't matter.
LondonLass
Posted by

Hey Karen () we are talking about ‘virtual’ Firemen! No need to share.....

one for you.....

And one for Sue ()!

Enjoy!! Xxxx

Lacomtekp
Posted by

Thank you.....hope I can keep him ....virtually....hidden from oh.

LondonLass
Posted by

I'm sure you'll be able too xx

moomy
Posted by

I’ve come to this late, so very sorry to hear about Viv/Scilly! 

My love to her family

hugs xxx

Moomy

Weeblemum
Posted by

Oh Sal, you know me too well, although to be honest I haven't got the energy to deal with hoses much these days!!! 

I'm quite willing to share...

I did have two lovely firemen come to do a fire safety check when I first got my home oxygen - that was a bonus to the whole PE thing - silver linings and all that!!

Best wishes

Cathy

x

Bustysusy
Posted by

Our local firefighters did a charity car wash last week I'll say no more 

MIND OVER MATTER - I don't mind and what you think doesn't matter.
seaspirit44
Posted by

x

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

WhatHappened
Posted by

Dearest ,

It is such tragic news about Viv - it all seems to of happened to so quick.

I keep looking at the meet-up photo, I look at Viv and I can't take it in, I really can't.

Sending love and hugs xx

ShimmeringUnicorn
Posted by

Hmmmm I finally stumble in here having not slept yet and...it is quiet! Soooo ssshhh if we are  all asleep

Take care

...it is OK because unicorns can see you : )

Lacomtekp
Posted by

Good morning......It is very quiet. I think ShimmeringUnicorn you are right.......Hopefully this means everyone has slept well. It's dark this morning. Autumn is definitely here. I can't tell if it's going to be a nice day but there doesn't seem to be a moon either.

I am off to physio for the neuropathy . I'm not sure if it's helping but I keep hoping.

Hope anyone having treatment today, it goes well. See you later. I shall watch the news now. Let me guess ....Brexit? American shooting? Draught problems? Hurricanes? What a world we live in.

Love Karen

Silverberg
Posted by

Whoa

That was a bit of a wake up call! How did I manage to miss that conversation. Nice to wake up to that on a Monday morning. I could sit and watch that water feature all day.

However I don't restrict myself to firemen. A uniform and I'm happy although from past experience I am very happy with air force blue. Now that's a very pleasant thought to go with my morning coffee.

I'd rather be polishing a Red Arrow.
Silverberg
LondonLass
Posted by

it sounds as if you could do with.......

Losing one of the Fruit Loops is bound to stir up mixed emotions! Yes Viv did go downhill and pass away very quickly! But she had a very complex Cancer which just took hold and   Bless her heart she endured a lot during those weeks in hospital having Chemo! She was very unwell.

When I spoke to Viv on the Monday before she died, she told me she had had enough and that she just wanted it over with. Hearing that broke my heart but it also told me that she knew the Cancer was taking hold and that no amount of ‘fighting’ was going to beat it! 

She asked for Lucky Pants and asked if he could stay with her for a few nights, so long as he behaved and didn’t annoy Cinders her cat, so she was still full of humour, but also knew it was time, i’m sure about that!

Although the speed she went was a bit scary I also take comfort from that, she wasn’t suffering for weeks, like some people are. She was sleeping peacefully for the last 2 days of her life and she passed away with her daughters by her side and LP looking after her. Exactly how she wanted it! 

So Please try and remember Viv as the kind, loving and caring Lady that she was and not about her death! Hard to do I know! But that group photo shows Viv smiling, she was so Happy that day, I remember her saying it was like meeting up with extended family, what a perfect way of thinking about it.

So Hun remember, sadly Death will sometimes play a part in all this, BUT there are and will hopefully always be, more of us ‘living’! Plenty of time for laughing, for crying, for talking, for having fun and for meeting (see the DO NOT READ THIS post) up! I won’t lie to you I sat and thought for ages about whether meeting again was a good idea, was getting to know people and becoming close to them really a good idea when some of them could die in months or years......but that’s surely the same for everyone? After all it’s the only certainty in life, we are all going to die one day. I think i’d Rather meet you Special ladies and make Special memories, even if it hurts when someone passes, at least we have something nice to look back at.

Lets face it part of living and loving is losing and hurting, but together we can help each other through the difficult patches! So anyone that needs to talk about this please share your thoughts. When we started having a giggle yesterday it was to try and lift the mood as this is what this thread is all about! It’s also, i’m Sure, what Viv would of wanted. 

Sending Love, Support and Hugs to all xxxxxxx

Flossie25
Posted by

Sorry to hear about . I didn’t meet her but I sought her out in your meet up photo....happy times.... good memories for you.

hugs xx

“ The only constant thing in life is change “

Optimistic
Posted by

Going to Tenby for few days hols love to all xxxx