Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

AWAKE.........

wombat.23
Posted by

Thank you !

Cwtches,

Gay xx

Lacomtekp
Posted by

No wonder you are proud Wombat......congratulate her from your cyber friends.

Londonlass......if you don't get lasting relief from the accupuncture I don't think it is unreasonable for you to make the gp or oncologist discuss the pros and cons of having further operations. It is certainly the recommendations for ladies with severe problems from the after drugs here in France. Obviously it must be your choice but if they say'no' you need them to tell you why. Cost is not an acceptable answer!

The report I read said that after the operation insomnia improved. More sleep and feeling more comfortable, meant more energy. The expression in French is ' Bien etre '......I suppose the nearest in English is well being........Care is still a major factor of the health service here.  In addition because technically all consultations are private( we are reimbursed....too complex to explain)I own all scans, x Ray's,blood tests, results, letters from one doctor to another, hospital dismissal notes and if I see someone new or develop a different illness, it eliminates lost notes, miscommunication and even if I don't understand it.....I can look things up later.

Does noone live near you or do you have a close friend who can spend some time with you very soon? I am worried you are having to deal with all this on your own. Yes, we are here but chatlines can't replace a real face on a day like today.

Once you are feeling better, you must come and spend some time with me.......Maybe we could organise a trip for several.......Something to plan for?

Sleep well. I've got a terrible headache tonight. I've been reducing my pain killers since mum and dad left as I don't  need to be quite so on top of things and I think it's a reaction to that so I'm having an early night.

I'll check in in the morning.....

Love Karen 

moomy
Posted by

Congratulations, Wombat’s daughter! To get all those results that she wished for, from a stressful re-jig of the system, is great! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

Flossie25
Posted by

... congrats to your daughter xx

“ The only constant thing in life is change “

puzzler
Posted by

Congratulations to wombats daughter ! Hope she enjoys every minute of it  x

Londonmumof2
Posted by

I hope the pain is better and you don't wake in thr night Karen.  X

Wombat, congratulations! It's exciting isn't it? My daughter is also off to uni next month after a gap year, and all the way from London to St Andrews in Fife! I'm going to miss her,  but will try to visit get for a few days in October. Where is your son off to?

Londonlass, I really don't know what to say as I have two daughters now,  though had two miscarriages before my first one,  and for a while thought that we'd be childless. It's a very lonely place,  even as a couple..... and hard when you see so many families and babies everywhere.  I really hope that you can find peace within yourself about it in some way,  and the box is a great idea.  Xxx

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. And however difficult life may seem...It matters that you don't just give up.' Stephen Hawking,
Optimistic
Posted by

well done to your daughter xxxxxxx

Silverberg
Posted by

Hi All

I'm awake!

Radiotherapy assessment tomorrow. Not looking forward to it. I hated it all last time. Though I know it's not like chemo.

Live near huddersfield and treatment is at St James's.

Roll on October when this merr

I'd rather be polishing a Red Arrow.
Silverberg
Lacomtekp
Posted by

Radiotherapy has got to have improved in twelve years!

My unit had new machines three years ago. It was very efficient.

The idea of the tattoo scared me but I went to the assessment like yours today, lay on the bed, closed my eyes and suddenly she said' we're  finished'. I'd felt the odd bit of handling and a tiny prick or two from the tattoo needles but where was this terrifying experience I had been anticipating. ? I felt such a fool!

I hope all goes well. I suppose the discomfort depends on where your tumour was.......

Thinking of you.

Love Karen

Silverberg
Posted by

Hi Lacci

I'm not afraid of the tattoos I just hate them. It's funny my Boob has a bit missing and the scar is nowhere as neat,I got an infection,but it's the tattoos that are the thing I hate.

Ones just into my cleavage. I know I should be grateful I've got a cleavage. But it sits there like a nasty blackhead

Totally illogical, no reason whatsoever to feel this way, but that's the way it is.

Just paused for a moment to cuddle my granddaughter. Puts thing in perspective.

I'd rather be polishing a Red Arrow.
Silverberg
Lacomtekp
Posted by

Yes, certainly the granddaughter puts life into perspective......I'm so jealous. My 'men' have chosen not to have children for various reasons and it's getting a bit late for changing minds!

I'm sure it will be fine. I suppose my tattoos are still there but I've never noticed them. I am probably just lucky....I have the neatest scar for the lumpectomy too.....I asked the surgeon if he'd like to make my curtains next.....didn't actually translate too well but once he understand the joke.....he laughed and laughed....

wombat.23
Posted by

It is my daughter that is going. She is going to Swansea, which is only 1 hour away so I will be able to visit her regularly .

Cwtches, 

Gay x

Londonmumof2
Posted by

Oops! Sorry! Lucky you that she's so close. Maybe she'll be coming home with dirty laundry for extra visits too;P I can't complain as I moved from Scotland to London for art college... but t will change the dynamic at home with just ove daughter soon....

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. And however difficult life may seem...It matters that you don't just give up.' Stephen Hawking,
Bustysusy
Posted by

I like Swansea. My son lives there with his beautiful wife, sons and baby grandson. Its 3 hours for us and now the boys are grown up don't get down as often. But this weekend we're going to Gloucester for the first rugby game of the season 

MIND OVER MATTER - I don't mind and what you think doesn't matter.
wombat.23
Posted by

Swansea is great! We actually lived there for many years - my daughter was actually born there and went to primary school there. Moved a bit away now to be closer for work. Enjoy the rugby.

Not a great day today as my car broke down in the pouring rain! Had to get a breakdown to come out. I lost power on a busy road at rush hour, leading to lots of tooting! I had my hazards on, it is not as though I would stop there on purpose! 

My garden is a bit of a tip now. My daughter had a party last night with all her friends. I haven't gone out to tidy it up as it is absolutely tipping it down. Hope this rain stops soon!

Cwtches,

Gay xxx