Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

AWAKE.........

Lacomtekp
Posted by

P.S. Hurray.....It's  pouring with rain!

jmp
Posted by

Karen excellent!  It rained in the night here too. Saved watering my plants on balcony Yaay.    

Judith. 

grannylara
Posted by

Morning Fruit Loops, hope everyone managed some sleep, it was such a hot and sticky night, temperature in our garden yesterday was 38 degrees, far too hot for me, but just walked Bluebell and it is definitely cooler, thank goodness.

Love the pics Sal, () xx

Good luck to anyone with treatment or appointments today. Xx

welcome to any new fruit Loops too xx

Love and hugs Jenny xxx

“ We don’t know how strong we are, until being strong is the only choice we have.” xx

puzzler
Posted by

Well,I am back from the appointment,clinic ran an hour late,by which time I was a wreck , but had LP to help me .one enzyme is worse and one better ,so start chemo again Monday .She says she is not here in 3 weeks so to see a member of the team , she goes out , comes back and says that person will be on duty  Walked ( hobbled ) quarter of a mile to pharmacy who say “ oh yes , we have made your prescription,but we can’t find it ! “ 3 of them searching shelves . I offered to go back later .......

quarter of a mile back to clinic to talk to receptionist,who is lovely , but says there is no clinic that day !! Life seems so complicated......!? 

If I can find some energy I will have a swim...that usually makes me feel more human 

hope you are all coping with the weather ( I love heat ) and having a reasonable day ! Xx

Snowys Mum
Posted by

Seems like good (ish) news   so pleased the treatment can continue. Enjoy your swim and how is your friend doing? She sounds an inspiration cutting the grass, wish I could get the energy up to cut mine xxx

I shall post a pic of the disabled guinea I'm currently a slave too. His back legs are rubbish...well one works a bit but he doesn't seem to let it bother him.

He's called Roly

Helen
jmp
Posted by

Hi Helen  

Roly is very cute

Silverberg
Posted by

Hi London lass

I'm in Germany. Temperature was 40 but we've just had a huge storm withhailstones and things are much pleasantries.

Vans around us have all lost their electricity,we have solar panels, so there is much agitation as the huge vans can't really function without it.

We can function for days. German aires mainly have showers so I've felt clean for about 5 minutes each day. Skin on my face is sore I've sweat so much. If I put cream on it runs into my eyes.

Fingers crossed its a bit cooler from now on. I can't enjoy my wine if it's too hot, and we are in Model, black cat country.

Love and hugs to everyone. Including any newbies.

I'd rather be polishing a Red Arrow.
Silverberg
seaspirit44
Posted by

IT rained here last night and I went outside and stood in it, getting soaking wet. Best I've felt all week!! Xx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

seaspirit44
Posted by

Once again , you just couldn't make it up!! I don't know how you cope! Glad no really bad news xxxx

seaspirit44
Posted by

Awwww , roly is cute! Xxx

LondonLass
Posted by

Hope its a cooler Night for all. Special thoughts sent to I know you have no internet but I hope you are doing as well as you can be. Love you Hun

glad the news was okay ish! Let’s hope the Chemo makes the result even better next time. Well done you for keeping LP under control. Perhaps you should of sent him to find your drugs!

Lots of Love and (((((((((HUGS)))))))) to all. 

Night night. Sal and LP, oh and not forgetting LNP! Xxx

Lacomtekp
Posted by

Good morning....

Looks like good nights all round......no early hours comments!

It has rained......fine drizzle for 24 hours with the odd thunder clap. I am so pleased......at least for a day or two....no watering . I'm told we can expect 31° again for all next week.....bearable at least.

Off to Lidl for the Saturday morning reductions......There may not be any of course. The town is full of holiday makers .....

If you haven't read Eeek yet.....start the day with it. Mum and I laughed so much she nearly spilt her tea in the bed!

Have a nice day. See you tonight.

Love Karen

LondonLass
Posted by

IF only Karen ()I was still wide awake at 4am! Think I finally dozed off at 4.30! But am some how Wide Awake now! WHY.??

Will TRY and have another couple of hours as I have a late night tonight! Am having a Night In, with family and friends to raise money for Hospiscare. I have raised money for Macmillan for the last few years, but thought as I now use the Hospice nurses on a regular basis it might be nice to try and give something back!

So yesterday mum and  I numbered up the draw prizes and put up the gazebo, and decorated it. Later today we need to blow up the balloons and cook/heat up some of the food, sort the drinks and THEN.....relax until they all descend on us! 30 of us in an average sized terraced house and small garden GREAT FUN! But exhausting! Especially after just a few hours sleep! 

I WILL GET THROUGH TODAY and MY GUESTS WILL HAVE A LOVELY TIME! Tomorrow I shall REST!!!! 

Karen Good to hear you have had some rain, think you really needed it. It’s cooled down a little here. However it’s still too hot for me.......okay it’s always too hot for me! Xx

puzzler
Posted by

Sal ......very good luck with your fundraising , and hope you have fun and don’t get exhausted.

part 2 of yesterday’s saga .........the hospital pharmacy could not find my tablets and asked me to come back today , they are only open for 2 hours ,so I had to cancel knitting group.

AGAIN they “ can’t find “ them , but are looking , please sit down , 25 minutes later I went back to the window, ......oh , they have “ unfortunately “ sent the tablets to the cancer day unit which is shut and locked .....please sit down .

another quarter of an hour and I ask to see the pharmacist , he says he is re issuing the tablets , but has a few things to do first .i burst into tears! Pathetic ,but so stressed by all this 

i am , by the way , parked in a 30 minute free slot .......

but ,hooray I got the tablets  ! Goody goody ......and no parking tickets 

sat in garden now , coffee and an iced bun as a treat !! 

Hope you are all having less hoo has and a good day 

xx

Lacomtekp
Posted by

Oh...enjoy your treat. You certainly  deserve it!.......

I hope everything is correct now and you can relax and get your breath back.

Love Karen