Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

AWAKE.........

jmp
Posted by

Hi Helen  

Thought this would amuse  Pia doesn’t like her claws trimmed either xx Ha ha 

seaspirit44
Posted by

, , , you are all having a rough time,r, sending big hugs xxx

, congratulations, and , glad you are feeling better. I'm glad it is cooler too!

Had a wonderful holiday in Cornwall, and with fami,y in Plymouth. Have the builders in now. We were exhausted after the journeys, but gradually sorting out the chaos.

love your Guinea post. Hope you don't mind sharing LP on Friday. , p,ease could I have LP Friday afternoon? I have two skin biopsies. It is a different hospital so he will enjoy exploring. I hope he does not grab the dermascope this time, and hopefully he won't get hold of the little gun thing they use!

Love to all xxxx 

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

Bustysusy
Posted by

Evening my lovelies. I had a treat lined up for this afternoon  - hairdressers and gossip. The cut I enjoyed and most of the gossip. However we got to talking about a mutual friend who was diagnosed about 6 years ago. Gradually spread through her body and is now affecting her brain. She has 2 young sons who now face losing their mum. Certainly puts my own (very minor) current niggles in prospective 

MIND OVER MATTER - I don't mind and what you think doesn't matter.
Weeblemum
Posted by

If I tried to clip Weeble's claws, it would result in an unscheduled visit to A&E, and no-one wants that!!! 

My other cat, Big, would probably not even wake up! 

Best wishes

Cathy

x

Scilly
Posted by

Hi Fruitloops,

Yesterday really brought me down, been in pj`s all day, no energy.

Daughter saw consultant as her bloods were not good. She should have started next round of chemo. He said he has never had a patient have so many side effects on a mild chemo. The waiting for 2 nights by the phone is very Waiting She has to see him again Monday.

No phone call for me. Waiting for a call is horrible. I cannot plan anything ie lift to hospital, getting shopping in, arranging some one to feed cat etc etc. Maybe tomorrow.

Love Scilly xx

Lacomtekp
Posted by

Hi Scilly. 

Hope you got a good night despite all the worries. Give your daughter a hug from me....I don't  know if my chemo was mild or not but I had a lot of very unpleasant  side effects and delays from low blood counts (  even with injections!) so I can certainly  understand how she is feeling. I never go into details online as anyone suffering would know if they unfortunately  got them. Sadly it's  just the luck of the draw ......this individual reactions to the drugs. Someone on another thread is asking about  chemo.....what to expect .....and what can you say? On the July chemo they are eating cakes and sandwiches after and some going back to work then there's  your daughter!

I hope you hear the news you're waiting for today so that as you say, you can begin to plan. This is such a difficult time but I'm  sending you a cyber hug and some flowers. ....if I get the photo upload right..If not the thought was there..  ....

Take care.l

Love Karen

LondonLass
Posted by

Well it’s no good I HAVE to get up. I have my Zoladex injection and blood tests, before I head off to the station to get a train up to meet !! So excited! I really need some time away from here, with someone who knows how I feel and whom I can have a bloody good laugh with!

Don’t worry , and I will remember to send LP off tomorrow to join you at your appointments! He is VERY excited!

Have a lovely day everyone! Good Luck to anyone with treatment or appointments.

I hope you get your phone call and I really hope your daughters side effects settle down soon and she is able to get on with her treatment! Xxx

Scilly
Posted by

Thankyou Kare,

I know everyone reacts differently, just so hard to deal with all that has happened in the last 18 months.

These are wild orchids?

lovely Scily xx

Bustysusy
Posted by

Have s great couple of days londonlass and grannylara and I'll see you both on Saturday 

MIND OVER MATTER - I don't mind and what you think doesn't matter.
Lacomtekp
Posted by

Scilly they are wild but in my garden.  About 50.

Scilly
Posted by

I am very envious, they are so beautiful.

Scilly

Lacomtekp
Posted by

Not a good picture.....very difficult  to capture

Lacomtekp
Posted by

Or perhaps this is a better idea.....

LondonLass
Posted by

Well I was only going for a few days!

But how bloody long is Jenny () coming for

She'll be unpacking for ages!!!!!

Scilly
Posted by

Hi Karen

Haematologist told me Monday I need a stronger chemo & may need to go in for the day or overnight.

Phoned tonight to say go in tomorrow for 4-5 days.

I have an appointment Tuesday for a wig fitting, just in case. I want to be prepared, also ordered a cheap one off the internet. A short style so if I do lose my hair & it starts to grow back I can wear this one.

Been contacting people to tell them & to arrange cat minder. Repacking hospital bag, sorting meds to take with me. tomorrow  I need to make a time table for the nurses.

Cried so much this week I would have thought oedema would have gone down.

At least hopefully they will get my pain under control. 

Love Scilly x