Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

AWAKE.........

Bustysusy
Posted by

5 years ago my BCN had never heard of it 

MIND OVER MATTER - I don't mind and what you think doesn't matter.
ShimmeringUnicorn
Posted by

Hello 

Love the Unicorn welcome! I got sucked in to reading the thread in reverse as that's all my phone can manage before sleep.

Fuuuuu! Some of us are not having  a good time at all but congrats to those succeeding at interviews etc.

Well I started to get notifications to another thread out of the blue very recently but couldn't access Awake thread easily.

For those that followed my saga...I have finally moved house!!! Not without drama of course. I was supposed to be moving in to the cottage next door to my man but after a lot of FAFF,  the agent eventually admitted he had sold it. I was not a happy bunny. Anyway fast forward to a few weeks ago when a vehicle rammed another off the road...and this vehicle took out the road railing and my front door and communal wall and the adjacent property's front door. I lived above a shop so the building is huge and needed to  propped up and boarded up as there was nothing to hang a front door on ...apart from the danger 

Sooo I now live in a cottage a couple of minutes walk from my man. It will be lovely...when I have emptied all the boxes and found homes for the contents! Hopefully my man will eventually get used to the idea that I will spend time there on my own!!! For although you know the difficulties of sharing space with him etc...he still plans on me being around all the time or out with him and then asks why my place isn't more sorted 

Didn't get a van or muscle to help with move so everything carried down stairs and to new place by hand...when boards on building removed for a  couple hours!! Moving stressful????

Ha, first bit of mail at new place... Benefits...fill in a health capability for work assessment!! Love this....as my health conditions are for life and can only get worse...unless they have redefined what constitutes work or capability, what can have changed?? On the bright side all the stress and physical exertion meant my fibromyalgia symptoms were well and truly flaring so  were easy to describe. Was going to miss the deadline for getting the booklet back in post by one day, so as instructed I rang their number...couple of security questions and then hung on...for 59 mins n 29 seconds to be told ' There is a box on the form, fill it in '. I replied ' It says ring this number ' She said ' Yes and when you do we say there is a box on the form fill it in ' !!! 

Koo that's enough winjing from me...its good to be back so a happy scribble

Take care

...it is OK because unicorns can see you : )

wombat.23
Posted by

Just thought I would pop on to say that I have just had my sigmoidoscopy done and all is 'perfectly normal' up there!!! 

It wasn't the nicest procedure but I lay there thinking I have had chemo and radio, i can do this!!

Cwtches,

Gay xxx

puzzler
Posted by

Shimmeringunicorn , what a saga , hope you will be happy in your new place and your pain gets better 

wombat , pleased to hear you are ok 

luvky pants came with me today , he has not been to this hospital before . I drank the 1 litre of water , but the scan was 40 mins late so I had to drink another 2 mugs , LP thought it was funny .they were doing works in the department and the CT room was freezing,and there were no lights in the loos !! 

Best wishes to everyone x

LondonLass
Posted by

I hope you are settled in your new house soon. As for the form, been there done that and what a bloody pilava that was! But mine was sorted fairly quickly so hopefully you will have the same response! 

Well done Gay Glad it's over and done with and even more pleased that all was fine!

sounds like you and LP had an interesting day. we will now keep our fingers crossed for good news!

Sending love and hugs to everyone! I won't bore you with my moans and groans as if I start I don't think I'll ever stop.....just ask my poor counsellor! Xxxx

Scilly
Posted by

Dr called today after I phoned oncology nurse this a.m.

He said plasmacytoma difficult to treat, so conferring with another haematologist to decide treatment.

I have to have another bone biopsy asap.

Seeing him on Monday as he said I need a stronger chemo treatment. need to check bone marrow is still good.

I cannot have any more radiotherapy as this has caused the cancer.

Breast cancer was over 22yrs ago!

It is only as we survive longer from treatment  that sides effects are showing up.

Bloods done Monday for pT gene test for me.

Scilly x

Snowys Mum
Posted by

How nice to hear from I hope you are very happy in your new home, good luck with the forms xx

The appointment sounds challenging   a full bladder and no lights in the loo !!!! No wonder they tell you to buy open toe sandals, maybe wellies next time  

I had that lovely procedure recently  I was sucking on the gas and air like I was back in the labour ward, but all worth it as nothing found

Oh Sal you can moan and groan anytime you want you have enough cause I'm sure. I will join in as I'm a bit upset, was at work yesterday and this inspector type woman was sniffing round finding fault with the paperwork, she was quite rude implying I wasn't up to much. Well maybe I'm not as smart and quick these days and maybe she wouldn't be either if she was on Letrozole but you can't wear a sign round your neck saying ' slightly crap due to essential meds'.  Maybe we should get special necklaces made xxx

Helen
prince2g5
Posted by

Hello i had pain on the left arm for 2 month and the pain has now join on the right arm i do know if it is the cause of cancer,if so what can i do for the pain to go away?some one please me  the pain cause me t o worry  tell i fine the problem to solve.

LondonLass
Posted by

Well if you are having that sign round your neck Helen () Mine would need to say:

Slightly crap, quite flushed, dripping with sweat, grumpy fat cow, who walks like a 90year old.......due to essential but horrific meds!!!! 

Think that covers it’s!!! Have I mentioned before?

I HATE THIS F**KING DISEASE!!

LondonLass
Posted by

I’m just Fed Up! Xx

Snowys Mum
Posted by

You don't need to be sorry Sal  xxx hope you have a good sleep tonight xxx

Helen
Silverberg
Posted by

Hi

My Hubble today asked me why I was fed up. I am four days away from a lymph node biopsy!!!!

Tonight there isn't enough alcohol in the world never mind our house.

Been to do pub quiz tonight. I had to wear a scarf. One boon is an A the other is a G.

I know I should be happy I still have two of them.

Tomorrow I will be in control. Tomorrow I'll say I'm fine.

Tonight!

I'd rather be polishing a Red Arrow.
Silverberg
ShimmeringUnicorn
Posted by

Hello

You don't say whether you have visited your GP with these pains? Pain in joints and muscles can be a symptom of many things, mostly not serious and certainly not life threatening or life limiting.

I don't know if this is your first post here or whether you have already told us if you have experience of cancer or are having treatment which may have pain as a side effect of medication.

Please discuss this with your doctor and let us know how you get on.

Take care

...it is OK because unicorns can see you : )

LondonLass
Posted by

I went to bed at 10! I was shattered SO.......

Am I still awake now??? 

I can’t carry on like this! I knew it was too good to be true when I got a block of 5hrs the night before!! I AM PI$$ED OFF! 

Sorry Fruit Loops! I am struggling a bit with all this right now! But promise I am trying hard to smile through it all! Xxx

Ruby Rose
Posted by

Wish I had loads of money and pay for us all to have a personal live in masseuse , just a gentle all over moisturiser application and gentle head massage , they couldn’t stop till we were sound asleep and had to return and start again if we woke up ! I would pay very well as they would probably only work night shift ! Bliss zzzzzz. Do you think if we imagined having a lovely soothing treatment, it would work ? Wish !!! 

Probably not but we can dream . Xxxx

ruby Rose  

My face looks better when I smile - so smile it is !