Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

AWAKE.........

jmp
Posted by

Cathy you are so clever !! Mini Bella is really cute   I had my CT last week and it took two nurses to find the vein to insert the cannula for the dye. The first nurse tried to reassure me and said that chemo makes the veins tough! The second nurse managed to insert cannula after pushing a bit. 

I get the results July 19th. Finished another cycle of Cape yesterday and feeling tired today. I should have had bloods done today but .. it will have to wait until tomorrow morning as I’m due to collect next round of chemo tablets at 11:30 am. 

I have an Acupuncture treatment at the Macmillan Horizon Centre later on, which I’m looking forward to. 

I need to get an alternative to Apixaban blood thinner tablets as I had the majority of SE: toothache, itchy skin, depression, insomnia, aching bones.. the stomach injections had no SE in comparison.

Torrential rain here last night, but gardens will benefit which is good. 

Anyone watching the FIFA Women’s World Cup?

I was surprised by the USA v Sweden match yesterday. USA really had to keep up with Sweden. It is quite the contact sport with some teams eg Cameroon, China, Sweden. 

Love Judith xx

jmp
Posted by

jmp
Posted by

jmp
Posted by

jmp
Posted by

Brilliant news way to go Yaay.  On target  

seaspirit44
Posted by

, what a load of crap!!! Why do things conspire to make everything worse? I think it is rather unrealistic to make you give up driving AND walking. You have to live and get some enjoyment out of life. When I was on Cape my feet were awful but I refused to give up walking and it did not  seem to make them any worse. I gave to confess I didn't drive much because my concentration was so poor.

Why do they keep changing your appointments? Sooo distressing.

Good luck with your CT and getting the car fixed. Xxxx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

seaspirit44
Posted by

Glad your bloods were OK , and I love the pic of LP in the rain! Xx

seaspirit44
Posted by

, sorry you are having so many side effects, even the injections would be better!! Good luck w it's the CT result, and sorry they had such trouble with the iv. Love the napping cats!

, love mini Bella, such a good likeness xxx

Scilly
Posted by

Glad bloods good for chemo. Love LP he must get cheesed of with all the work he does.

That`s why he needs treats.

Scilly x

puzzler
Posted by

Seaspirit44 , thanks for the everlasting support , I do feel this forum should be required reading for breast care nurses , they mind find out how some of us feel  !? 

Hopefully we will get some sunny weather !  It is pouring here ......

best of everything to you all.....x

Scilly
Posted by

I agree nurses & any medics should read these posts, maybe then they will realise how we feel.

Waited all evening for a call from Dr no joy.

Scilly x

ShimmeringUnicorn
Posted by

Helloooo! 

Getting back into this thread is quite the challenge! Only here now by technical fluke 

Sooo I will try for a quick catch up read and then post. Have been receiving notifications just recently from other threads but not here. I will be brave and press 'post' but not find my way back!

Take care

...it is OK because unicorns can see you : )

seaspirit44
Posted by

Oh no , it just seems they don't care, so upsetting. Xx

LondonLass
Posted by

Welcome Back .....

Its been a while, how you doing? What have you been up to? Xxxx

LondonLass
Posted by

sorry to hear you are having a rough time at the moment. Totally with you on the fact medical staff PARTICULARLY breast care nurses, should read these forums! I swear sometimes that mine lives on a fluffy pink cloud where life is great and anything I ask or say goes in one ear and straight out the other!! 

Anyway LP has asked if he can go with Aunty Puzzler to her CT scan, so he’s on his way over....

I have told him he needs to be good and NOT press any buttons! But you’ll need to keep a close eye, you know what he’s like! Hope today is a better day for you, thinking of you xxxx