Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

AWAKE.........

grannylara
Posted by

It’s been quiet on here so hope that means you are all sleeping a bit better.

Enjoy today and have a great weekend xx

Love and hugs Jenny xxx

“ We don’t know how strong we are, until being strong is the only choice we have.” xx

AnneCC
Posted by

Good morning LP was very good.he entertained the waiting room with a few songs and got lots of attention from everyone.the dr I saw (not my consultant)wasn’t very interested in my concerns about taking alenodronic acid.i had dreadful reflux but also got chest pains so me evening last week so I haven’t taken this week’s.dr said oh you need it or you’ll get osteoporosis.i already have it!then she kept going on about my exemestane and how they could change it to tamoxifen if I can’t tolerate it. I had 2 years of tamoxifen and only started exemestane in February!I had said the exemestane wasn’t great but it was the bisphosphonates that were worrying me and could I perhaps try an alternative ?told to keep trying it for a bit longer. I came out of there a bit flustered too be honest and  LP was so cross on my behalf that he almost nipped the dr’s hand. I’m almost sorry I stopped him.just by chance,my tablets for this month are a different brand so I’m thinking I may take one when due next Monday and see if I notice any improvement.

hope everyone is doing ok and any appointments go well.its really cold here in Manchester is it really May?

Anne 

grannylara
Posted by

Sorry to hear you didn’t get any real answers , it’s so frustrating when some of the drs don’t seem to care, it would be different if it was happening to them. Just maybe the new brand may be a bit better, we can only hope. It’s really cold and windy in Coventry too and just looking like rain. Bring on Summer xx

Love and hugs Jenny xxx

“ We don’t know how strong we are, until being strong is the only choice we have.” xx

moomy
Posted by

I’ve been on the ‘joyous’ Alendronic Acid now for ages, and yes, indigestion in various forms is a pain. I tried Ranitidine (bought from the chemist) and it seemed to help, GP said it was a tiny dose and put me on the therapeutic dose, which I’ve had ever since, I take one tablet just after dinner and it really does help. 

I got taken off Alendronic, Adcal D3 and Simvastatin for a week when I had severe hives as they interfered with antihistamine and yes, you’ve guessed it, the indigestion went! But gradually going back on the drugs, I found the worst for me was  the Adcal so investigated whether I could get the D3 alone, as I have plenty of calcium in my diet. Found a cheap good supply from Costco and took it to my GP to advise on dosage, he then removed the Adcal and I find things quite a lot better. 

Ranitidine is worth a thought? (I was going through Gaviscon like a dose of salts!) 

hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

And yes, April and May seem to have swapped the weather about, it’s sunny here but loads of clouds are rolling in.....

hugs xxx

Moomy

Grogg
Posted by

My husband had one late last year.  They offer sedation and it should take about 45 minutes which includes recovery time.    He had to take medication at home to clear out bowel.  He opted for no sedation and found it just uncomfortable.  Jo’s was abandoned though as there was a blockage on first bend .  He was then referred back to consultant and they did a CT bowel scan.  This again encountered problems as they insert air into bowel to inflate for better images but struggled to do this due to blockage.   So within 3 weeks they had him in hospital and removed his sigmoid colon.  They thought the blockage was diviculitus but concerned that it was hiding a tumour due to blockage.  They did open not keyhole surgery as they wanted to look at bowel as they had no good images.    They said he could be in ICU then hospital for 10-12 days but he was out 6 days after surgery.  He was a fraud in ICU as he was so well after surgery.   He waited 3 weeks to find out there was no cancer the blocked was diviculitus 

His stomach no longer swells after eating bread and he no longer snores !!!!

seaspirit44
Posted by

, sorry you were not treated properly at the hospital. So often they just do not listen! There are alternatives to Alendronic Acid, but if course they are more expensive. Have you git a good GP? Maybe a consult with him/her would be helpful. Failing that, I would oho e your onco team and say you just can!t put up with it. Big hugs xxxx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

seaspirit44
Posted by

Love your  post xxxxx

seaspirit44
Posted by

I've had a bad 2 days due ti unnecessary stupid glitches and people(one of them is me) Bought some hiking boots online as mine had split,There was a glitch on the website and I managed to buy 2 pairs. I cencelled one, but they still sent and charged 2pairs! Hassle!!

Then the washing machine broke beyond repair. (Very old) We ordered a new one online, and were expecting it early Thurs anm, Did not arrive. Phoned them, and the order had not gone through some daft reason, Money still appeared on my bank statement grrrrrrr..Wehad got up really too! Did another order and the washer was fitted @7am, working well, but tired from 2 early mornings now, And guess what company  had taken both payments. Tried to phone credit card helplin, who made us press all the buttons then cut off , going round in circles. Arrrrggghhhh!!!!!Will,have tow sit and see if they take any extra and ask for refund . More Hassle !!!!!!!

in the midst of this doing a dress rehearsal and two concerts, and trying to negotiate with builders., and today I turned up at the hairdressers 1/2 late having got the time wrong, They would not dome, too late, so my whole day was messed up, Arrrrggghhhh!

puzzler
Posted by

Oh dear , seaspirit44.......they say things go in threes, so that should be it for you , you have had your 3  ! Enjoy your concerts.......x

grannylara
Posted by

Good Morning lovely Fruit Loops, the sun is finally shining here, for how long I don’t know, wishing you all a lovely weekend whatever you are doing.

Love and hugs Jenny xxx

Bustysusy
Posted by

It's not bad in Swansea either . Looking forward to presentations tonight

MIND OVER MATTER - I don't mind and what you think doesn't matter.
Snowys Mum
Posted by

sorry to hear you had such a rubbish appointment you defo should have let L.P. nip the doc. If you can't take it keep making appointments and doggedly go on until someone changes it xx

sounds a complete nightmare...like getting anything done. I've been trying to release funds in a small pension I have...my goodness the utter hassle xx

Happy weekend to all fruit loops xx

Helen
grannylara
Posted by

Afternoon Fruit loops, just had a message from Sal , sending love to you all.

She is having a lovely time in her words this is what she says.

“ Relaxing and watching the sheep, alpacas, chickens, ducks, Guinea pigs and rabbits! While soaking in a hot tub! Then watching the sun set and then going inside and lighting the wood burning fire  PERFECT!!! “

Love and hugs Jenny xxx

moomy
Posted by

That sounds wonderful, so very glad LondonLass is enjoying it all!

please can I book LP to come to my allergy clinic on Monday? It’s at 1pm and I’m more than a bit nervous as I think they are going to try stuff to see if it makes me ill, then sort me out afterwards.....

hugs xxx

Moomy