Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

AWAKE.........

Weeblemum
Posted by

and

New Fruityloops! Welcome to the place where non of us wanted to be! Feel free to post whatever you like in here - you'll not be judged and you'll be supported by some lovely peeps, not least the gorgeous , who is our esteemed chief (whether she likes it or not!), having established this thread some while ago!

What Sal said in her post is all true - it DOES get easier to bear once you have all the facts and the treatment plan as you feel as if you're more in control of proceedings. However, there will be ups and downs and there are some days you'll feel crap. Come in here and rant and moan if you like - we've all been there! However, I always try to think of a silver lining for every cloud that cancer brings - if you can keep positive, life is less of a pain in the behind! Sounds stupid, but spending every day worrying doesn't change anything and just robs you of what could be good times! 

Big hugs to both of you! 

Best wishes

Cathy

x

Weeblemum
Posted by

Oh, and - good luck for your hydrotherapy today - hope you get some useful exercises for the knee! 

Sitting in hot water would be a 'mare for me as well - cue massive hot flushes...  

Best wishes

Cathy

x

Scilly
Posted by

Hi Grannylara,

I hope you het Bluebell back asap.

I know how important a pet is.

Love & hugs

Scilly xx

AnneCC
Posted by

Sending a big hug to and hoping your fur baby is back safe and sound very soon 

Anne 

LondonLass
Posted by

Bluebell is home with Jenny, safe and sound!! Thank goodness!! Calm is restored xxxxx

grannylara
Posted by

Thanks for everyone’s well wishes we have found bluebell she was making her way back to the kennels and got stuck in a ditch of mud, and couldn’t get out, and had no voice left to bark, it was only by chance we found her, i heard a rustle in the ditch as we were walking away, walked back and her little head popped out. Relieved is the understatement, she is now fast asleep in her bed xxx

Love and hugs Jenny xxx

“ We don’t know how strong we are, until being strong is the only choice we have.” xx

moomy
Posted by

So very glad she’s found, GrannyLara! Phew! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

earwig o
Posted by

Is it allowed to post on the Awake thread during the day? I have some news and really don't know where to put it otherwise. 

Today, twelve months almost to the day that I was diagnosed, I have had mammogram results and find I am cancer free!!

Feeling very relieved and rather hysterical, just ate two Wispas out of the fridge one after the other.

Angela x

“For Every Reason It’s Not Possible, There Are Hundreds Of People Who Have Faced The Same Circumstances And Succeeded.” – Jack Canfield

LondonLass
Posted by

have you not noticed we post Day and Night! Well okay I post at night! 

But GOOD news is ALWAYS welcome......

Hope you are able to celebrate this evening. So happy for you Angela xxxxxx

Snowys Mum
Posted by

Hooray for Bluebell getting home safe and sound Phew the relief, I think she has made her point that you are not allowed to go on holiday without her     

Yay hooray again for 's great news

How is the knee ? hope the treatment helped xxx

Helen
seaspirit44
Posted by

So glad Bluebell is found xxx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

seaspirit44
Posted by

wonderful news!! Xxxx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

Weeblemum
Posted by

YAY to the lovely on the fabulous news! May it always be so...

And - hurrah that Bluebell has been found safe and sound! 

A good day, so time for some of these!!! 

Best wishes

Cathy

x

HappyFeet1
Posted by

Great news about beautiful Bluebell's return and 's all clear!! Good things happen!!! HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
Twinkle51
Posted by

Thank you Sal, Londonlass. That means so much . Xx My body aches so much from letrazole  . It makes everything so much harder for me as my body has had quite a reaction to it  . My feet , ankles , knees are the very worst yet my job means I’m on my feet all day , walking all day and stairs galore . I’ve invested in really good supportive cushioned shoes but sometimes I cry a little as I take them off . ... but I love my job and I refuse to let this blimming drug stop it . That’s why I go to kick boxing every week , to try and strengthen everything. Strangely enough my bones are better the day after but my muscles ache but I can cope with that . Bone pain for me is the worst . 

Ibuprofen and paracetamol are my new best friends xxx Twinkle51 

The best advice given to me was “ take it one step at a time” . Twinkle51 xx