My saved pages
Do you have any questions about radiotherapy treatment? Ask radiographer Kate and...
Charlie is an Occupational Therapist specialising in side effects after breast radiotherapy...
Ask our Dietitian Adele your questions about diet and cancer and she’ll try respond...
Breast cancer is far less common in the under-50s, but this can leave younger people...
A support group for anyone affected by triple negative breast cancer to come together...
Secondary breast cancer is cancer that has started in the breast and spread to other...
I visited the onc today and was surprised at the outcome and any thoughts would be appreciated.
They advised that initially my results were 1 node positive, 1 node micromet, this led to me having full clearance, fortunately no further node involvement. Today I have been advised the onc wants the micromet checking to make sure it is a micromet as the pathology report is not straight forward...they will then offer the following.
If the original report was correct I will be offered Fec, if they decide the micromet is now a macromet they will class me as two nodes positive and I will have Tac. I will find out next week and hopefully start the week after, is this treatment plan similar to anyone's. I always assumed that as I was node positive I would automatically have Tac.
Has anyone had FEC with positive nodes, by the way it was also grade 3.
Sorry guys to bump my own post, just wondering if anyone has any thoughts xx
Can't really help you as I had 3 nodes removed, one containing cancer. I don't know if it was a micromet or a macromet, but I was classed as node positive. I had FEC-T. Although I was so ill when I had the first Tax, my onco immediately put me back of FEC for the final two doses.
Wishing you well for your chemo
Thanks Katie for replying and I will have a look at the fb page xx
Hi Poems, our paths have crossed before on the bcc site, thanks for the response. I too asked about the fec-t but was advised mine would just be Fec. So many treatments to choose from I suppose I'll have to trust my oncologist and stop fretting. I think because I had my first surgery at end of january and I had to have further surgery on march the 6th I am a bit worried about the time before chemo starts. My bcn and oncologist say weeks will not make any difference to the overall effectiveness of the treatment.
I have had a wound open from first surgery after haematoma opened it and this has been the hold up recently. They estimate I will ready to start two weeks tomorrow.
Take care ladies xxx
If you have any questions about Macmillan, or would like to talk to someone about cancer, we have a team of experts who can help.
© Macmillan Cancer Support, registered charity in England and Wales (261017), Scotland (SC039907) and the Isle of Man (604). A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales company number 2400969. Isle of Man company number 4694F. Registered office: 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7UQ.