*** May 2018 Breast Cancer Chemo Club ***

• 236 replies
  • 326 subscribers

Sorry to see your Maypole is being Replaced by a Chemo Pump and Bag Stand :(

A big welcome to all those starting or continuing their chemo this month.

The chemo club is a great place to help support and advise each other during your sessions.

You can use the 'Save In My Favourites' button just to the right to put this discussion on your profile page for easier access.

Lots of helpful tips for getting through chemo from those who've been there can be found clicking here: Chemo Tips

If you found something helped you during chemotherapy, do reply to the blog and add it to the list.
You can use this link If you need to refer back to the April Chemo Club.

Wishing everyone minimal side effects - G n' J

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello!

I'm starting my first chemo on 7th May.

The first of 6 FEC T sessions, so really glad to find this thread.

Sarah x

• I start EC-T chemo on 4th May, 6 cycles. I am having zoledronate acid on cycle 2 4 &6. Plus herceptin on cycle 4 & 6

Is any one else having this cocktail?

Wishing everybody an easy journey

X

• Hi  

Several in the breast group have mentioned having Zoledronic acid also known as Zometa®  as a bone strengthener - Hopefully someone who is having or has had this and can pass on some insider info :)

G n' J

•   

Good luck with your first cycle...there is a lot to take in and it's daunting for sure but it gets a little easier once you get going. Even on a day  when I don't feel too good I mentally chalk a day off in my mind and the cycles do seem to pass quite quickly.

I am having EC-T so can share my experiences of that but I have not had the zoledronic acid or herceptin.

So this is my 4th montly chemo thread.... May will see me having cycle 5 this Friday and cycle 6 on 25 May....so am happy to be in final month (well sort of I know the side effects of cycle 6 will linger through June) and hoping to then get RT out of the way mid June to mid-July so treatment will be done before school summer holidays which is important with a bubbly 8 year old to entertain!

Wishing everyone lots of strength and hoping May is uneventful for us chem ladies.

Joanne

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to JammyR

Hey fellow May peeps! I’m starting on 11th. Diagnosed on 22nd March so feeling like I need to do something! It’s been ages.

All being well (confirming this Thursday) I’ll be on the Partner trial for triple neggers so starting off with T+carbopaximol Weekly plus possibly Olaparib, depending which arm of the trial I get randomised. 

Hoping to get some tips from you ladies xx

• For anyone wondering about the PARTNER TRIAL  - Click the link for the Cancer Research UK (CRUK) trial info page.

The partner trial is for those diagnosed with Triple Negative Invasive or Inflammatory breast cancer - The treatment regime is given prior to surgery (neo-adjuvant)

Good luck for getting the trial confirmed Thursday and getting on the arm of the trial you prefer :)

G n' J

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Dreamthief

Hi   glad you are back at home with family :-) 

How are you feeling now ? Excuse silly pic :-) 

Judith xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Good luck to those starting the chemo this month! For me the first was worse mainly because it's scary to start something new, and very emotional because the situation really hits home.

But the goods news is the time for me has gone so quickly, and I am about to have round 5 of FEC-T tomorrow. I'm strangely excited just to get there and just get it done. And I must say I enjoy having a good excuse to rest and have someone else do the kids kids tea and bedtime palarva! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to JammyR

Hi all, just wondering what other people's steroid dose is for those having the T? I was on 16mg twice a day, but just had it reduced to 12mg twice per day. I want to ask to reduce it further because I have that feeling like when you've drunk too much coffee! 

•  

We are almost chemo twins lol... I have EC-T cycle 5 on Friday.  Agree re chance for a rest! My 8year old daughter keeps insiting I have pamper evenings to make me feel better...involves me lying on bed for ages whilst she does my nails etc....can't complain!

In terms of steroids I have 4x2mg tablets twice a day  so 16mg a day in total for me days. They don't seem to affect me too much and I def don't get a buzz from them. I am seeing onco tomorrow so hopefully will keep dose the same for this cycle.

Take care...we are getting near the end of CT.

x