Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Macmillan coffee day

Winky49
Posted by

Good afternoon to all

I hope everyone is keeping well and getting plenty of rest.

We held a Macmillan coffee day at my work on Friday and a lot of kind people came from our other offices as we are an estate agents and kindly ate cake, drank teas and contributed more cake and their money.

We managed to make just under £340.00 and work is contributing a match of £250.00 so this had made my week. By the end of the day I was very tired but happy. I only managed 2pieces of cake all day so felt a bit ill.

I thanked my work colleagues for their help in contributing and their help in this venture.

I finally start my radiotherapy on Monday 9th of Ocotober finally.

Big hugs and kisses to all you ladies out there as this site has helped me in my darkest times over the past few weeks. I feel so lucky that it was caught early but I no my journey is not finished yet . Xxxxxxxxxx

Boobylou
Posted by

Hi, well done for getting so much money for McMillan it all help', good luck with Rad's I have had mine it was a doddle, cream twice a day, make sure you eat properly, and 2ltrs of water on top of other drinks help' with the tiredness.

Jbelle
Posted by

Hello Winky49,

Congratulations and well done for raising so much money for Macmillan

Bless you and kind heart for making efforts to raise the money......

Good good luck and all the best on the start of your rads on the 9th

Take good care xxx

Winky49
Posted by

Hi Jbelle

Thanks and I was so happy to do it as I hope it helps others in the future.

As to my Rads I am feeling worried but as I know one day there will be a light at the end of my tunnel.

Wendy xxxxx

Cords
Posted by

Well done Winky on your fabulous coffee morning.  Good luck with the rads xxx

Winky49
Posted by

Thanks Cords it was a good day. 

Winky xxx

Jbelle
Posted by

Hello Wendy,

Truly what you are doing is awesome..... double thumbs up for thinking others.... bless you, Wendy!! ❤️

It is understandable that you are feeling worried but don't....every step brings you closer to the light at the end of the tunnel.

And we are all here to support you.

Have a good start to the week.

Take care and hugs xxx

Winky49
Posted by

Good morning Belle

Many thanks for the support it is greatly appreciated and being on this site with all you lovely ladies has been such a help.

I think I will worry all of this week until the Rads start as that is how I am. It is hard to explain to my partner how I feel he just says you will be ok and I know that light at the end of the tunnel will be there for all of us ones of these days.

Hope you have a good week to and send you lots of hugs as well. xxxx

Winky49
Posted by

Hi Boobylou

thanks and may thanks for the advice just not looking forward to all of the water I wee so much as it is :)

teacup78
Posted by

Morning Winky

Like you I dreaded the start of rt. it’ll be a breeze everyone told me compared to chemo and lumpectomy. I knew that but it was going into the unknown. Anyway with lots of nervy moments all in all my 20 sessions went ok, max time 15 minutes to less than 10 minutes each session. Radiographers would play music and talk to me during each session which helped me massively to relax. I remember my very last session and boy did I have a right old cry when it’d finished

Good luck

Val

Winky49
Posted by

Morning Val

Many thanks for the reassurance it is greatly appreciated. It just feels like I am going into the unknown but I know that it has an ending eventually.

Thanks again

Wendy

Bedford69
Posted by

Well done on your coffee morning I held one at home on Thursday 28th September and we managed to raise £265:00 - so chuffed. I did the coffee morning to give back for the support I received from McMillan when I went through breast cancer x

Jess - Admin
Posted by

Thank you to  and  for raising an incredible amount of money which will go towards helping so many people and their families. Do you have any nice pictures of the event? I'd love to see if you did.

Best wishes,

Jess

Macmillan Community Team

Winky49
Posted by

Bedford69 that is fantastic I held mine at work and they have been so supportive I still have Rads to go. It does feel good ti give back to those that have helped us. xx

Winky49
Posted by

Hi Jess

I have a couple of pics but I do not know how to upload them. It is the table full of cakes and a poster we made with the prices but it is very cheeky

Wendy