Breast cancer and initial.diagnoais

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 10 replies
  • 321 subscribers

Hi all . Just a message to say I went to clinic yesterday for my biopsy results and I have grade 3 invasive fast growing breast cancer. Sorry can't remember the exact words said by the oncologist. Mastectomy 20th June to say I'm in shock.is an understatement. What I can't get my head around us I don't feel ill. Any advice would be massively appreciated xx

• Morning  

So sorry to see you back here so soon confirming your fears :(

You are almost exactly how J was 5 years ago, went to the GP for a blood pressure meds review appt, just happened to mention one nipple was starting to invert - no illness, tiredness in fact felt well. He referred her to the breast clinic (us scan / biopsies) and we got the same shock you have now :(  Hers was also fast growing grade 3 - she's still here and well, so don't fret too much (easier said than done)

With a left mastectomy within 2 weeks - scary stuff isn't it....

Once you get over the shock and through the follow on angry period that cancer has caused you all this rubbish you find your heads in a better place to deal with it all.

Cancer is a bummer - as most feel great when diagnosed and it is a problem understanding why they want to do all this to you to fix it. Like it's all weirdly happening to someone else and you are watching it unfold.

Any questions about anything do ask, getting replies is far better than wondering why and what it.

Hugs, G n' J

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Dreamthief

I so agree at the moment I am angry and at why me. I have fought kidney disease for the past 32 years and currently have a transplanted kidney which I have had for 27 years that functions at 19 per cent. And now cancer I intend to put a very big fight and show cancer who I am. The hard bit is I don't feel ill. Should I. Will i. It lots of questions but one day at a time

• Hi,

If it's any consolation J didn't even feel ill after her mastectomy.

It wasn't until the pathology report came through about 10 days after surgery and they found she was HER2+ positive and needed chemo and herceptin the illness part kicked in.

Chemo is a bit rubbish on some days, hope you manage to avoid that bullet - especially if you have kidney issues.

Yet another cancer mind game - we going to make you feel ill for a few months to fix you :-/

G n' J

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Wow you are a very strong person a fighter with the roar of a lion. Very pleased to read that you want to give a real fight to cancer. Good luck and pray you come out areal winner.

• Morning 

Sorry to see you joining the Mac Community - If you look under the breast groups title, you will see a "Join This Group" button.

Click that and you will then be able to start your own discussion either as an intro or to ask any questions you may have Slight smile

Hope this helps getting you settled in here Thumbsup

Take care, G n' J

• Hi

sorry you've had such a shock Slight frown

If you read my profile you'll see how quick things happen in cancer world . I was also fit and heathy for routine mammogram but got recall 

Shocked cos no lump but diagnosis grade 3 HER2 pos . 

Still felt  well after masectomy so much better than I thought I would . Then treatment starts with chemo which is as dreamthief says is when the Illness comes in .

Im luckier than some and have minimal/ manageable  S Effects that said ...had  no 5 today so not moving far from sofa . I have the attitude  that if I feel like Poop then chemo doing its job and kicking cancers a*** Joy

It's the right way to be one day at a time when you've got your questions come back on here and ask away someone will answer and support 

take care 

margaret x

One step at a time and ...Breathe !
    xoxox
    Margaret
  •  Hi Margaret I had EC number 3 today and am not moving off the sofa either!! Feeling a bit bleurgh so your comment made me feel better!! I feel like Poop so its doing its job! Hope the next few days improve for us all!! Jess xxxxxxxxx 

• Hiya,

Wanted to mention the original discussion above was from May 2017...

Just that bornfighter replied to it - which happens sometimes.

G n' J

• RoflJoyRoflJoyRoflJoy

Margaret x

xoxox
    Margaret
  • we both that bleugh and feeling Poop we don't notice silly things like dates RoflJoy Inalso had Bisphosphonate infusion today going to get theses 6 monthly for 3 yr min.

how many EC you getting my last one no 6 on the 11/12 yah!!!

margaret x

xoxox
    Margaret