Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

TAMOXIFEN

marg06
Posted by

Hi 

I have recently started Tamoxifen and awaiting my radiotherapy . I have the usual side effects from this being feeling seedy and somewhat tired but over the past few days i have developed a few swellings in different areas of my body arm and stomach that resemble sores but red and swollen . i am wondering if anyone else has experienced these with being on the above or should i have investigated 

Regards 

Margt x

Ethel Horner
Posted by
Hi marg, my oncs advice was come to us first with any new symptoms. So I've been back with so many things now I feel like I have my own seat in there. So I'm really saying your medical team will be more than willing to take a butchers and offer you the best advice and treatment (if needed). Every twinge and rash and pimple has led me back to those seats so I do sympathise with how your feeling. Ethel x
KateG
Posted by

Oh Marge, when I first started taking any form of hormone treatment I was first in the queue to blame EVERYTHING on the treatment - including Global Warming lol! However, as Ethel has said, you need to report symptoms to your oncology team and/or your GP. Your health is the most IMPORTANT thing so please don't think you are 'bothering' anyone - just TELL them.

Best wishes

KateG