Breast cancer

Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women in the UK. Men can also develop breast cancer, although this is rare. This group is for anyone affected by breast cancer to get together, ask questions, share experiences and support each other.

Wockhardt tamoxifen

Rainbow Debs
Posted by

ive been told by my chemist they cannot get hold of this brand is anyone else having this problem ? Also can anyone recommend another good make .. They wanted to give me the cheap French ones ...I politely declined !!!!! 

Thank you 

Rainbow Debs

star 67
Posted by

Hi Rainbow Debs

Sorry I can't help only been on Tamoxifen a week, I'm on Mylan supplied by Lloyds chemist but too early to say how I feel on them.  Sorry to gatecrash your thread with my questions but what are the cheap French ones- just asking so I can look into  these and avoid them.......  Just read the manufacturer of Mylan are Delpharm Lille France.. oops sounds like I'm on the cheapo ones????

I asked the pharmacist about continuity of brands but of course he couldn't commit as it all depends on their purchasing team who deal with drug companies.  It was the answer I expected but didn't want to hear don't fancy 5 years of changing brands.

Good luck with your search

Rainbow Debs
Posted by

Hi Star 

They are the cheap ones but you might be ok ..the trouble is everyone is so different and react with different fillers ..I'm phoning the drug company up direct this morning to get a clearer picture ...good luck with it and keeping a diary helps ...it's tempting to put every ache and pain down to tomaxifen lol !! 

Hugs and Rainbows 

Debs xxxx 

Tray41
Posted by

Hi. I'm on my 5th month on the Wockhardt brand. No problems apart from mild flushes in the evening. I have just picked up my next packet with no problems from my local boots.  They are very good and have marked the brand on the computer so I don't have a different brand dispensed every month.

teresapolo
Posted by

Hi Debs - I'm on day 19 with workhart tamoxifen and fingers crossed no side effects so far. Went for repeat prescription at chemist Wednesday and they wanted to give me a different brand. Said I was not happy with changing so they went on computer and located some workhart and was in the chemist yesterday. So no problem just your chemist being awkward. Hope you get it resolved quickly as as I am finding out with all that we have been through we can do without any other problems. 

Teresa xx

Rainbow Debs
Posted by

Thanks Teresa just had a call from the chemists ..strangely after me phoning Wockhardt direct ..tablets arrived this afternoon ...sometimes you just want to scream with frustration !! Lol 

Rainbow hugs Debs xxx

Dreamthief
Posted by

You phoned them up - That's a bit wock n' woll  :)

sorry, that is so'ooo bad!!!

star 67
Posted by

Pleased you got a good result Debs.

Thanks for the advice the other day I will keep a diary, thanks I think it will help me.  I don't intend to change the brand I will see how I go on them,  I will try a little research on them for my own peace of mind.  I just want to keep to the same brand if it suits me and if that's a cheap one great.

Hugs xx

Rainbow Debs
Posted by

Lol deffo bad but it made me laugh so thank you xxxx

pepps1234
Posted by

Hi I am on tamoxifen also.i have been taking it since end of February.The brand I use is Teva,however, when I was having radiotherapy my daughter picked up my prescriptions and didn't check the brand.As I was going through enough at the time I took the wokhardt brand, big mistake I was voimmitting! told to stop while radiotherapy continued and then back on Teva.I am having night sweats,back ache and stomach ache but I think some of those side effects are due to zolodex injection which I started 2 weeks ago.Hope this helps you good luck Marie xx

Rainbow Debs
Posted by

Thanks Marie

its mad this cancer journey of ours ...I've been on Wockhardt since 7th February and had little side effects ....I was getting hot flushes anyway ...different brands seem to suit different people ...I hope you feel better soon 

Hugs and Rainbows 

Debs X X X