Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

AWAKE.........

wombat.23
Posted by

LL, you big tease. What have you done???

Gay xxx

LondonLass
Posted by

SOMETHING REALLY SILLY....................BUT FUNNY!!

Now in this hot weather it is obviously VERY important to use a high factor sun cream! I always use a factor 50, just to make sure I don't burn!

Well today I think I was a little over cautious.........

I applied the sun cream to all the usual areas, legs, ankles, neck, face, arm and then, clearly without thinking my LEFT ARM, nothing funny about that?? 

Hmmmmmmm how about if the said arm, was already covered with a Lymphoedema sleeve!! But that wasn't the weirdest bit, I actually went on to rub the cream all over the sleeve, before I realised what I had done........WHOOPS!! 

I mean I've heard of being safe in the sun, but this might of been taking things a little too far!! I really must get more sleep!!! 

toxophilite
Posted by

Thanks for that, you've improved my day no end with that laugh!!!

My day was very much one of these:

LondonLass
Posted by

Hi toxophilite, sorry to hear you had a rough day, but......

You think your day was bad......try washing sun cream out of an elasticated sleeve!! Yuk!! I think it may be heading towards the bin!! 

Hope you have a reasonable nights sleep Hun. Tomorrow will be a better day and if not just let me know and I'm sure there will be something I can tell you to cheer you up!! Xxxxx

LondonLass
Posted by

Well I was awake at 4am so this is likely to be my look for the rest of the day! Hoping everyone else had a slightly better night. Its been very hot and humid here, so difficult to sleep!  But I'll see if I can get a few more hours sleep.....or it's going to be a long long day xx

AnneCC
Posted by

Ha ha.that's just the sort of thing I would do.sleep deprivation is a terrible thing but at least it gives us some funny moments:)

Anne

AnneCC
Posted by

Hope you got a little more sleep LL.i think I melted through the bed last night and this is just my ghost walking  around..the dog can see me so I think I'm still here but I'm so tired I'm not sure.the school run should be fun!have a nice,not too hot day everyone

Anne

LondonLass
Posted by

Hi Anne, I was awake from 4 and couldn't get back to sleep. I'm exhausted now, so it's going to be a long day! It was a very hot sticky night, I thought it was just me but my mum had the same issues sleeping! 

Anyway hopefully today will be a little cooler, although there's a beautiful blue sky here at the moment, so not looking too hopeful. 

Hope you have a lovely day, sending you a ((((((((((BIG HUG))))))))) to see you through the day! Xxx

AnneCC
Posted by

Hi LL,it's a bit cooler here today so hopefully not too bad.All my childminder friends have decided to spend the morning in one of their gardens instead of going to my toddler group so at least I don't  have to haul all the toys up and downstairs today.i may even pop round for coffee then leave when I've had enough of noisy kids(about 12 I think)and go home to a quiet house.Have to have some benefits from not being back at work properly.Lol

((hugs)) Anne

LondonLass
Posted by

Anne I hope your day went well and you enjoyed the coffee! Xx

toxophilite, hope you had a better day today. Xx

toxophilite
Posted by

Yes, a slightly better day..... GP gave me Naproxen, and ordered x-rays for hands and feet, and blood tests for just about everything.

Still to bl**dy hot though. And no tea or brekky for me in the morning, one of the tests is a fasted one.

LondonLass
Posted by

Glad it was a better day Hun. Hope the Naproxen helps with the pain. xxxx

toxophilite
Posted by

Yeah, me too. Taking half an hour to get out of bed in the morning is ridiculous. Maybe they'll find something this time.

LondonLass
Posted by

I know that feeling, although I tend to walk like a constipated chicken, when I First get up!!

toxophilite
Posted by

Hehe, sounds familiar. And hobbling down the stairs one at a time.