Positive high grade dcis stories after masectomey

• 4 replies
  • 248 subscribers

Hi all

I could do with some of the above if there is any. My 37 year old wife's masectomey is booked in for the 15th of Aug. With pathology results coming a week or so after. She is having massive anxiety that they going to find invasive in there as she has a palpable lump as well. We were told all areas biopsied were high grade dcis 2 areas - 3 biopsies in total covering area approx 8cm in total. That's why it's masectomey and not lumpectomey. She going to lymph biopsy at the same time as well.

Just want to give her some positivity 

Thanks

• Hi Bobbo

While I didn’t have high grade dcis I did have triple negative breast cancer grade 3. I had chemo first to shrink the tumour and then surgery after which I was cancer free and still am over a year later.

Hope this helps.

Wishing your wife the best of luck with her surgery.

All the best to you as well.

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• I didn't have mastectomy but did have high grade DCIS.  On biopsy was originally intermediate upgraded after surgery but didn't change my treatment plans.  I have other areas of breast calcifications which are stable since 2015.  Good luck for surgery..  cluck my name o see my profile x 

• Hi there, did your wife have the surgery? Results? I’m the same age as your wife having had a mastectomy for 8cm of high grade DCIS back in june. 

• Hi yes my wife had the surgery. It was high grade dcis with microinvasion but not further treatment required. It took quite a ti