EC x 3 now going onto 12 weekly of Pacilitaxel with Carboplatin 3 weekly

• 36 replies
  • 464 subscribers

Hi Everyone

I hope you are all doing well.

I have just completed my 3 x 3weekly EC and feel I have coped well most of the time.

Chemo on Friday, rough days Sat and Sun, mainly back to normal on the Monday.

Rough days I felt nauseous even with the meds, no energy, lack of concentration, lack of appetite and just wanted my bed.

I am now thinking how am I going to cope with weekly sessions.  Anyone else currently on the same chemo regime?

I have had the cold cap for the last 3 treatments, but am nearly at the point of losing 70% of my hair, so think I will go for the shaved look!! I never realised how cold my head would be without hair.  As I type this, I am sat indoors with a hat on!!

Positive thoughts to everyone

X

• They took about 10 days to come, I’m pleased with them,  I am still cold capping and holding onto what I have left although I am developing quite a patch on top! I’ve not had confidence to wear one out yet but have worn in the house, I’ve started having hot flashes, so feel a tad warm just now. I would start with one and see what you think for yourself, I think most expensive one was about £13. 

Hope you are your treatment is going well. Xxx 

• I will definitely have a look at them. These are photos at my grand daughters christening, it got so hot I ended up taking my wig off and going bare.

the hot flushes are awful, with me it’s like turning a tap on, I had to stop my HRT when I got diagnosed and last October. I watched Davina McCall on catch up yesterday it was all about the menopause and there were quite a few good tips on how to handle the hot sweats with breast cancer, well worth a watch. 
    I start my 9 weeks of weekly chemo on the 23rd and not looking forward to it, I have suffered with the 3 weekly sessions fatigue, headaches, sore mouth and sickness. Every time I ask what the side effects are of the weekly chemo and everyone says it all different and nobody is the same, as they do not give you the anti sickness tablets to take at home I assume that sickness is not a side effect. Please let me know how you get on.

Sending positive vibes and hugs to our club

XXX

• Hi Eccky,

I hope you don’t mind me joining in your chat, but I am exactly the same as you.

start weekly cycles x12 on the 25th & have hated EC 21 day chemos ….. feeling sick with a banging headache and pain in joints.

My BC team have told me the weekly paclitaxol have far less side effects. Probably no sickness  and they mentioned the most common SE is pins & needles in fingers & toes, so may lose fine motor skills in hands. I guess everyone is different so fingers crossed we fair well.

I am also suffering with awful hot flushes, coming off HRT because of BC. I am now going to find the Davina program you mentioned as defo need some self help tips.

Best of luck with you weekly treatments, We have got this Muscle tone2 xxx 

• You are most welcome to join the chat as any info or ideas are most welcome. I have just been reading online (I know I shouldn’t) and one of the side effects is weight gain, I hope not Persevere

good luck with your treatment and please keep in touch Heart️

you are right we have all got this and we CAN beat this and come out the other side stronger xx

• Hi, how did your first weekly chemo go this week?  Mine went ok last week, but my second today was cancelled as I tested positive for Covid last Sunday. Only current side effect is a constant metal taste x

• Hi my chemo got cancelled as I have an infection so nothing now till 23rd May, hopefully this will give me time to start feeling human again. Been a bit down this week as I can’t this ever ending but going to try and man up and get my act together. X

• Hi, how are you doing? X

• Hi, 

Thank you for asking

I’m doing good right now. last EC due on Thursday. going for kidney function test on Tuesday, Oncologist told me she wanted this before moving onto Taxol, also just had ECG, as high BP being looked into. I rarely go to Drs and all of a sudden I feel like my body is betraying me!

I’m still cold capping but covering my thinning hair when out and about, which with hot flashes is not so fun. I have wigs at the ready but not braved it yet. Still considering shaving my head but may see how first round of Taxol goes and see if any more comes out! 

Hope you are all doing as well as possible xxx

• Hi - I had this on Monday and it went ok.  Felt weak on day 2 and 3 but started to feel normal today.  Start all over again this coming Monday.  Not too bad to be honest as I was expecting lots of side effects but fatigue was the only one (so far).  Only 8 more to go.  Sorry to hear about Covid - but hopefully the extra week will give you more strength.  Good luck.

• Thanks Jed12. I hope your treatment went well yesterday bx