Paclitaxel and 3 weekly trastuzumab

• 40 replies
  • 457 subscribers

Hello

i had my first treatment yesterday, I was expecting to be having symptoms by now I am feeling fine.

Has anyone else been the same as me and had no side effects ? If so when did they start? If all sessions are like this one I will be one happy bunny Pray

Jude

• Hi Lesley hope your coping ok ? Cannot believe we ate half way through treatment things much the same for me only difference I have been getting nerve pain in the side of my face coming and going,  on the whole  managing treatment  is going ok Sparkling heart love Jude x

• Hi jude, yes the end of this stage is now in sight. All going well for me as well. Last week I got slight tingles occasionally in hands but went after a couple of days. No sign of it this week. Have you had any info on radiology yet. I was told by another patient at hospital that we shold receive an appointment before finishing chemo to discuss. Still hanging in there with the hair, but it's thin. Xxx

• My oncologist spoke about the radiotherapy in my last appt and copied her into my last letter so I am hoping to here soon as I would like it completed before the end of July in time for my first grandchild’s appearance.

I have a couple of hours journey for my radiotherapy so I am hoping if it’s going to be a full week I can stop over x

I have a heart scan on the 15th June also xxx

• Jude, Oh how exciting, you must be looking forward to the arrival of your grandchild. July will be with us before we know it and hopefully we will be over most of the treatments. I have 4 grandchildren from 10yrs down to 3yrs. I'm not due for my next Echo until early August. Had first one in April. Luckily being on outskirts of London radiotherepy will be only a 15min drive away. Take care, speak again soon and hope the next week goes well for you. Lesley xx

• Jude

Well the end of phase 1 is in sight. Hope all still going well for you. Have you received any more details on radiotherepy? I'm hoping to know more tomorrow. Lesley xx

• Hi Lesley 3 more treatments left for me I was gutted as I thought I had only two left miscounted.. Don’t know how.

hope you have been keeping well, I’ve struggled more the last couple of weeks with muscle pain at night time,

I have my radiotherapy appt on Friday to discuss the next step, hope your appt goes well xx

love Jude xx

• Hi jude, hope you have had a good weekend. Had mtg with oncologist and have been referred to radiotherepy. Hope to get appointment soon. I will be glad to get to the end of chemo. I'm getting pain in my finger nails and hot and aching ankles at night and still very tired. Sounds ridiculous to say your nails hurt but they feel like they are going to come off. Hope your next treatment goes well. Side effects are manageable but weird. Take care and have a good week. Love lesley xxx

• Lovely to hear from you Lesley 

I saw the Radiotherapy consultant last week she told me I would be having one week of Radiotherapy and it will be three weeks after my last chemo, I will receive an appointment first for me checking in scan etc shortly.

I know what you mean about ankle pain mine is in my legs it drives me mad during the night but I don’t have nail symptoms.

Only two treatments left it’s gone really quick xx

keep in touch live Jude x

• Good evening,  I have found reading  your posts  to each other really helpful, it is ao nice you jave had each other on this  journey. My mum is about to start paclitaxel  tomorrow every week for 3 weeks followed by a 1 week break, just wonder what she can expect  ? Thank you

• Evening Jodie, I had paitaxel for 12 consecutive  weeks with no break. The main side effect that I had was being very tired. I would fall asleep in the chair quite often.i managed to keep working at home throughout the treatment. I also cold capped and managed to keep approx 80% of hair. All in all paclitaxel is very doable. I hope your mum copes well. The other thing although minor was my nails on hands and feet discoloured but this was not until towards the end of treatment. I have to wear nail varnish to cover up. If you have any specific questions that your mum would like to know, then please  ask. Luv lesley.