Time feels like it’s standing still

• 14 replies
  • 320 subscribers

Hi, this waiting for first Oncology appointment feels like it’s never going to happen, everything seemed so straight forward before I got my results. Lumpectomy and sentinel lymph node removal, radiotherapy and tablets for 5 yrs… now I’ve been told samples have been sent for oncotype test so have to wait to see if chemotherapy may help as cells discovered in one of the lymph nodes. I really want to get back to normality, keep having meltdowns when alone. Everyone keep saying you’re strong, and I want to scream I’m not but instead say yes I know Missing my work and just hate the fact that can’t plan anything  until I know what’s happening. So many good shows on at the moment but can’t book any, or make any holiday plans. Hopefully will hear next  week, then maybe everything will fall into place.
sending you all love and hugs

• Hi, yes I think you’re right about everyone getting back to normal after covid, and talking about booking their holidays etc,   I think also it’s where you feel like everything has been taken away, normally when I go out to places or barbecues I am not a big drinker and used to happily have a soft drink and be the driver, now after reading alcohol is not good for you or can affect your treatments, feels like I will not want to go anywhere  because I’ll be missing out. How can you miss out on something that normally didn’t bother you, that’s what this experience does to us. I think about stupid things that would never have been in my thoughts usually.

Did you have an oncotyope test, I’m waiting for the results to come back and seems like this has delayed my appointment. How many cycles have you had so far, I hope you’re not feeling too bad on them

Take care and speak soon xx

• I know I’m the same, when you know you can’t do something’s you want to and think you’re missing outJoy

I didn’t get the onco test as was in 1 of the 4 nodes taken out but it is available here in Scotland and girl I was in hospital with got it and hers took 3 weeks to come back.

I’m having 4 EC and 4 Paxitacal and 3 down so far. I should be 4 but caught covid just before 2nd round so delayed by a fortnight but luckily had no symptoms at all.

Chemo isn’t as bad as I imagined it would be, constipation is my main issue 1st week and day 6/7 feel wiped out but other than that manageable.  I lost my hair after 1st cycle so shaved it and although got a wig it’s not bothered me as much as I thought and don’t wear it, it’s too much faff, instead I wear some great headwear I’ve ordered from Shein.

Hope you don’t have to wait much longer, take care xx

• Hope mine don’t  take 3 weeks to come back, can’t wait to get this treatment over with, whatever it is going to be. Glad you’re coping with the chemo, think it is fear of the unknown that gets to us more than when we actually start it, imagination is a bad thing sometimes. I’ll have a look at the headgear from Shein just in case.

Take care xx

• Eek I’ve just had phone call, appointment is next Wednesday, so happy in a scared kind of way x