Brain tumours

A place for people affected by brain tumours or brain cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

1st session of Radiotherapy tomorrow

eggwina
Posted by

Hubby starts his Radiotherapy tomorrow, 5 weeks after first been diagnoised with a secondary Brain tumour (which as been removed). He is doing very well although his balance is still abit wobbly. Just hope the treatment doesn't make him unwell again. He then as to start chemotherapy for his lung which is were the cancer started. We have been told it is not curable but treatable, apparantely the lung tumour can't be removed because it as already spread, even though our GP thought it was rather small to have already spread and he thought it would be removed. It is the size of an egg he says and is on the upper left lung. Any one else had similar ??

eggwina

Joanna C
Posted by

My Hubby has his last radiotherapy session tomorrow.  He has a primary brain tumour, so a bit different to your circumstances I know.  His tips are to go for a walk every day if possible, stay calm and find a happy place (ie something nice to think of) when the treatment is happening.  All the radiographers are lovely.  He's been tired, but otherwise not too bad.  Good luck. 

Joanna

eggwina
Posted by

Thanks Joanna C , tiredness I can cope with, I think, just don't want anything else.  How many sessions did your hubby have ?? We been told between 6 n 10 to hopefully get rid of the bits left behind.

eggwina

Joanna C
Posted by

30 (six weeks) and he's still standing!  He's lost a patch of hair, but hopefully it'll grow back.  He's got a nice collection of hats now.   :)

Joanna