Brain tumours

A place for people affected by brain tumours or brain cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Brain tumor

Marc 53
Posted by

My uncle

as a brain tumor and im finding it to watch what hes going through as they cant do anything more for him. And im upset to see what its doing to my auntie as well. I am finding it hard as i work full time it hit me yesterday after i left the hospital because i know my uncle might not be here much longer with us as a family. My aunt and uncle have been like parents to me they treat me like a son. How do i cope with this any advice please.

Madesp
Posted by

Hello  Marc  53

I am truly sorry for your situation and this is one of the hardest things on life we have to deal with.  In my  situation it's my beautiful son who is the victim and from experience I can honestly say there are the 'stayers' and the 'leavers' (a bit like Brexit).

In other words you can stay with them and see them through this mess  or you can  back down and carry on with your life. 

My thoughts are that you MOST probably are already staying with it and although difficult as it is to watch you are there to walk with them through this. 

I can't speak for everyone but all I can advise you is just to let your aunt know that you are there to get the shopping in or fetch the prescription. ...with every turn for the worse make sure they know you are there for them at the end of the phone. ...don't know if you live near or far but maybe when things gets worse you may want to stay with them and set up a rota so that your aunt can get some sleep while you stay with uncle beside him in a chair. 

If you are able to. ...this is the time to let them really know how much they mean to you  how much you love them  it will be a huge comfort ..tell uncle that no matter what happens you love them and are there for them. Good times or bad. 

You asked for advice and this is my advice. It may not be well received but I think I already made up my mind kinda person you are and I think they are already very proud of you. 

Wishing you well in every way. This is a good forum for advice or just vent anger ....we understand. X

Mad 
Madesp
Posted by

Hello  Marc  53

I am truly sorry for your situation and this is one of the hardest things on life we have to deal with.  In my  situation it's my beautiful son who is the victim and from experience I can honestly say there are the 'stayers' and the 'leavers' (a bit like Brexit).

In other words you can stay with them and see them through this mess  or you can  back down and carry on with your life. 

My thoughts are that you MOST probably are already staying with it and although difficult as it is to watch you are there to walk with them through this. 

I can't speak for everyone but all I can advise you is just to let your aunt know that you are there to get the shopping in or fetch the prescription. ...with every turn for the worse make sure they know you are there for them at the end of the phone. ...don't know if you live near or far but maybe when things gets worse you may want to stay with them and set up a rota so that your aunt can get some sleep while you stay with uncle beside him in a chair. 

If you are able to. ...this is the time to let them really know how much they mean to you  how much you love them  it will be a huge comfort ..tell uncle that no matter what happens you love them and are there for them. Good times or bad. 

You asked for advice and this is my advice. It may not be well received but I think I already made up my mind kinda person you are and I think they are already very proud of you. 

Wishing you well in every way. This is a good forum for advice or just vent anger ....we understand. X

Mad