Brain tumours

A place for people affected by brain tumours or brain cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Meningioma

Tobey
Posted by

i have just been told I have a meningioma have been referred to royal victory hospital,I am so confused as it all happened so quickly,how long will I have to wait to be seen .

KTatHome
Posted by

Hello , i hope you’re feeling well today, I’m sorry you haven’t been given a personal experience answer, I popped in as I noticed you hadn’t had a reply here. I see in your other discussion In ask a nurse they have replied, I wasn’t sure if you’d seen it so I’m putting the link below for you.

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_experiences/ask_the_expert/ask_a_nurse/f/ask_a_nurse/182270/brain-tumours

Best wishes.

KT 

What is a Community Champion?

You can call the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 0000 (7 days a week, 8am-8pm) or contact them by email.

Lyn5365
Posted by

Hi Tobey

I have also recently been diagnosed with a meningioma. I didn't have to wait very long. Have you been seen yet?

Lyn

TM17
Posted by

Hi, I was diagnosed around the same time - it was an incidental finding and quite a shock. I didn't wait long to be seen. They can't remove mine because of where it is - behind my eye - so I'm just for monitoring at present. Do you have a plan in place yet?