Brain tumours

A place for people affected by brain tumours or brain cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Gloliomatosis diagnosis for my partner. Feeling devastated

Euterpe
Posted by

My very loved partner has just been diagnosed with gliomatosis. My world has completely unravelled in the space of a week. I can’t imagine life without him. I can’t imagine what he is feeling, albeit he is being very brave. I feel utterly useless and very black. Would be so grateful to be in touch with anyone who has experienced anything similar.

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community although I'm sorry you've had to find us.

Although I have no experience with gliomatosis, I do know how devastating it is to be diagnosed with cancer and I noticed that your post hadn't had any responses. It may be that no one else in this group feels they have the experience you're looking for but by replying to you it will push your post back to the top of the page.

I can understand why you'd feel that your world has unravelled and it's important that you look after your own mental well being as well as care for your partner. With this in mind could I suggest that you join the carers only group which is a safe and supportive place to discuss your worries and emotions and is for carers only.

If you'd like to join clicking on the link I've created will take you to that group.

Sending a supportive, virtual (((hug)))

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?