Brain tumours

A place for people affected by brain tumours or brain cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Brain tumour stage 3

blueray
Posted by

My sister recently got diagnosed with a brain tumour stage 3. I still don't know how to feel about this and haven't spoke about this as i don't feel comfortable as a lad to speak about feelings. I don't know what to say to her or my family. I've had my dad cry on me a numerous amount of times, but how do you react? As 20 year old seeing your parents as low as they are I don't know how to take it. I Spent the past few months not speaking about it to anyone in the hope it'll get better. But I can't seem to process everything go to sh**. My sister doesn't seem to be the one that's the mess just my family which is hard to see. 

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi and welcome to the online community at what sounds like a very difficult time for all the family.

It's very hard seeing a loved one unwell and it's natural to feel that you don't know what to say or do so you might find this information from Macmillan helpful.

You might like to think about joining the family and friends group where you can share your feelings and get support. If you'd like to join that group just click on the link I've created and then choose join this group on the page that opens.

I know that you said that you don't feel that you can talk about your feelings but if you change your mind I'd recommend giving the Macmillan Support Line a call on 0808 808 0000. It's free to call, is open from 8am to 8pm and is for all the members of the family not just the person with cancer.

Wishing you and your sister all the best

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?