Brain tumours

A place for people affected by brain tumours or brain cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Worried i have a brain tumour please help

Vickypip
Posted by

Hi ive been having mild head pain most days for maybe a month now.can change between pain, pressure or burning.

No other symptoms but as headaches are new for me ive been doctors and have a ct scan in 1 week.im absolutely paniking like crazy, i have extreme health anxiety anyway and this is just torture.ive read bad things on google and now im living as if im dying :-(

Ive also just had an eye test, all was great no swelling visual field passed.is a tumour still likely?

GRANNY59
Posted by

Hi Vickypip welcome to the forum.

It must be awful for you having  health anxiety but I want you to take a deep breath and breathe.

I cna see for your post that you have been googling and that's not a good idea as it is not specific nor individualised enough and as you have found to your cost causes more anxiety than is often necessary.

Can I ask what took you to the Opticians for the eye test?

The reason for asking is that eye strain can cause headaches and also anxiety can often contribute to headaches as well.

None of us on this site have any medical training except the wonderful Macmillan experts on the site. However, It sounds like the eye test was fine and you would most likely have been sent straight to hospital from the Optician if they had any concerns so that would make me think that they are happy with those results and have no cause for concern. 

I hope that the CT Scan gives you some re-assurance and that all is well for you. Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

One piece of advice for you STAY OFF GOOGLE and keep chatting in here where people can support you as often you need to access that.

Sending very best wishes your way for now. xx

Vickypip
Posted by

Hi thank you for replying

I had been drs and they said to come back in couple weeks if head pain still there so id thought in the meantime id have my eyes checked out.

Im hoping if something was amiss then the optician might have seen something.i have two young children and im scared of being alone with them incase i have a seizure or something xx

Novembergirl
Posted by

Hi Vicky

Another one here to say try not to panic as brain tumours are very rare. It's good that you're having an MRI but of course waiting for it will make you anxious, especially if you tend to worry about health stuff, but it's far more likely that your headaches are down to something else (less alarming). I hope you find a way to calm down your thoughts while you're waiting. I've found mindfulness techniques good for racing thoughts, or watching comedy clips and favourite music on Youtube. xx

Vickypip
Posted by

Thank you.but im not coping well at all.im feeling nauseas but dont know if its another bt symptom or if im doing it to myself with worrying.absolutely cannot think about anything else xx

Novembergirl
Posted by

worrying can definitely make you feel sick. Hang on in there, only another few days to wait before your test. Maybe it would be worth signing up for some help about the health anxiety in due course, not belittling your feelings right now, but as you've said that you have extreme health anxiety it might be an idea to see if there's some help available.