Brain tumours

A place for people affected by brain tumours or brain cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Hi, this is a bit weird

Barbaramarydoll
Posted by

Hi Martin    I know you probably won't be feeling up to replying to this but I just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you after having your surgery . I hope you recovery  is going well, as well as can be expected after such a big operation . Hope they have your pain under control and you start to have more better days ahead of you   take care    Mary x

Barbaramarydoll
MartinB68
Posted by

Morning Mary, thank you poppit, it’s been a couple of weeks now so I’m better than I was but still pretty knackered if I’m honest.

it was a good operation, they managed to get pretty much all of Cyril out of me in the surgery which I think was between 4 and 5 hours. Sadly, I’m confirmed as a grade four cancer grade so, they are only ever going to be able to keep things at bay as long as the can, so it’s unlikely I’m ever going to be told I’m cancer free. It turns out Cyril decided he wanted to be a high grade and very aggressive type of tumour, so he was obviously trying to get his own back being removed and going for the last laugh.

I’ve met all the great folks from Addenbrooke’s oncology folks who will be looking after me from now on. It took me a day or so to process it, but I’m not giving in anytime soon and although eventually the folks looking after me won’t be able to help me to keep Cyril at bay any longer, I’m buggered if I’m  giving in any time soon. Xxx

It could be worse, Trump could be the US president, the UK could be going to hell in a hand basket and I could have brain cancer... Oh wait
Barbaramarydoll
Posted by

Hi Martin how are you feeling . hope you're starting to feel a bit better .I was on Instagram last week and I came across your photos after your surgery on it .pretty scary to see what you've been through , your a brave man going through all that , I'm so sorry to hear that Cyril is grade 4 what a shock that must have been getting told that, you seem to be a positive strong person who's willing to fight through this , I hope you're not in to much pain now .does that mean you may need more surgery further down the line , hopefully not .your family must be very proud of you for fighting through this and trying to stay strong and positive through it all. 

Take care and take it easy    Mary XX 

Barbaramarydoll
Barbaramarydoll
Posted by

Hi Martin was just wondering how you're doing haven't heard from you in a while   

Mary X 

Barbaramarydoll