Brain tumours

A place for people affected by brain tumours or brain cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Husband with brain tumour

alandrea
Posted by

Hi all, I have contacted this site today for some advice please. My husband was diagnosed with a brain tumour in May this year, it came as a complete shock as he had no symptoms. He had brain surgery, followed by radiotherapy and he is due to start chemotherapy in the new year. He has been given a prognosis of 3-5 years. He had been fine until about 6 weeks ago when he started to become distant and loose interest in a lot of things especially me. I have tried to talk to him about this but nothing changes & today I suggested he go to counselling but he won't talk about that either. I don't know what to do, this is starting to get me down as he was always so laid back before. It's like he's given up already. Does this sound familiar to anyone or can anyone give me some advice please. Many thanks.

Leolady56
Posted by

Good morning. I see you were awake at what I call 'silly o'clock' so obviously the gremlins of fear and worry had decided to descend

I am a Champ from the breast cancer group so cannot empathise with all you say, but I do recognise this as a coping strategy taken on by your husband and many people. I am sure it is cancer in its many forms that can do this to people.

I am going to point you in the direction of the Carers group. We have a great champ that oversees that group and many supportive people there.

LINK click on this word to take you there. Copy and re-post your question. Maybe you could benefit from counselling too and how to cope with this change in your hubby. Cancer affects so so many people other than the one living it.

Sending you positive hugs and thoughts for a gentler way through all of this

Leolady56

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

Chrisc31
Posted by

Hey, this does sound famIiar, my partner had suffered with brain tumours for the last 12 years and each time his personality changes he’s had a few complications this time around and he’s showing no interest in anything really, it’s tough I know if you’d like to talk I’m always here x