Brain tumours

A place for people affected by brain tumours or brain cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

My husbands recent diagnosis of GMB4

mich83
Posted by

hi all 

I my husband who is 45 years old during August suffered head aches during which time became very sick loosing 2 stone in weight we went back and forth to docs and hospital and were sent away with anti depressants! Eventually when he was at critical point 20% chance of survival we were rushed to surgery following a scan showing a huge tumour! 50% removed and now we are having chemotherapy and radiotherapy 5 days a week. We have a 4 year old autistic son and I’m 35 my husband only 45 and I’m being told 15 months prognosis but my husband has recovered so well and seems on mend I’m scared but in disbelief can this all be happening 

LindaJean7
Posted by

Hello,

I am so sorry that you are going through this.  I lost my mom to GBM4 in April.  She was much older than your husband and went quite fast.  Your husband has youth on his side.  Hopefully that will help him to fight and survive as long as possible.  It sounds like they are doing the standard treatment (surgery, chemo, and radiotherapy).  Many people defy the prognosis given and live a lot longer (and your husband's younger age could help).  I hope he will do well with therapy and outlive his prognosis, and he very well could.  But, this is a very serious diagnosis.  You have to hope for the best and prepare for the worst.  Make sure to get all of your  financial issues in order.  Travel and have fun and do all of the things you love NOW!  Live each day to the fullest.  I also have an autistic son (low functioning) and know how hard it is.  I have heard many positive GBM4 stories, but they don't all end that way.  My Mom (age 77) died 5 months after diagnosis.  She did, however, give up on treatment and fighting.  If I could go back in time, I would of made her go out and do fun things when she was still able to (she was depressed by her diagnosis, and rightfully so, but missed out on final happy times).  Wishing you the best of luck and hoping that you and your husband will be one of the inspiring success stories that do happen!