Brain tumours

A place for people affected by brain tumours or brain cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Any Parents whose kids or teens have cancer?

sunmaid
Posted by
Hi Classy, yes, this site has been a life-line with the members so loving and supportive. Like you said, " how tough it is to watch them go through this when really, they should be out living their lives." Sometimes I couldn't help but think back to what I was doing at 18, living without a care in the world concerned only about fashion, friends, having fun,studies, and partying with death and illness the farthest thing from my mind. Yet here, now, my brave son faces this grave disease and goes through so much.

I've tried chat a few times and it does help, very uplifting, and the others are welcoming even allowing for my slow responses as I am still getting used to the fast pace.

How's your daughter now after chemo? I hope all is well with you both.

Sunmaid

www.franzpantaleon.com

moko
Posted by
Hi Classyrioja .

My 17 year old son was diagnosed with a brain stem tumour last Feb just before doing his GCSE. He has been having 3 monthly mri scans for the last 18 months with no change in size. He is having no other treatment . The tumour was found after long term back pain and the consultant decided to do a mri on his spine . What a shock when we were told of tumour unrelated to his back pain!
I still feel that i am on the brink of tears all the time. My son will not talk about it . I want to find out as much as possible about this type of tumour and if maybe my son should be having some sort of treatment.