Brain tumours

A place for people affected by brain tumours or brain cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

losing the fight

CaroleDico
Posted by
Hi Lesley

I've just come across your thread. Its such a tragedy when this happens. I used to work with a fantastic girl called Valerie, we were both seconded to our HQ in London so shared a flat for 6 months. During that time she was diagnosed with secondary cancer (breast). She'd never told us that she'd had breast cancer before she started working with us so it was a shock. She died 3 years later having been told originally that she had about 6 months to live. A more vibrant, sweet, caring person was hard to find. She died in 1998 aged 38.

I never imagined that 6 years later I'd be fighting the same fight. But I'm inspired by her, she approached each day with such vigour and enthusiasm - right to the end, so that's my approach too. I think of her always. She left me a pair of diamond earrings and we had one of the diamonds put into Paul's wedding ring. I hadn't decided what to do with the other one (it didn't feel right to wear the earrings). Our friends live on in our thoughts and I feel honoured to have known her. I know you will feel the same.

Keep strong Lesley.

Love Carole
xxxxx
CaroleDico
Posted by
Hi Lesley

I've just come across your thread. Its such a tragedy when this happens. I used to work with a fantastic girl called Valerie, we were both seconded to our HQ in London so shared a flat for 6 months. During that time she was diagnosed with secondary cancer (breast). She'd never told us that she'd had breast cancer before she started working with us so it was a shock. She died 3 years later having been told originally that she had about 6 months to live. A more vibrant, sweet, caring person was hard to find. She died in 1998 aged 38.

I never imagined that 6 years later I'd be fighting the same fight. But I'm inspired by her, she approached each day with such vigour and enthusiasm - right to the end, so that's my approach too. I think of her always. She left me a pair of diamond earrings and we had one of the diamonds put into Paul's wedding ring. I hadn't decided what to do with the other one (it didn't feel right to wear the earrings). Our friends live on in our thoughts and I feel honoured to have known her. I know you will feel the same.

Keep strong Lesley.

Love Carole
xxxxx