Brain tumours

For people affected by brain tumours or brain cancer to get together, ask questions, share experiences and support each other

Ependymoma grade 3

lou1979
Posted by

Hey....

My dad was recently diagnosed with a ependymoma grade 3. He has had two ops that has removed 98/99%. He is now fortunate that he has regained enough strength and weight to have 6 weeks of radiotherapy. 

The oncologist has said that they will know more early next year after radiotherapy and his first scan results.

I am just looking for anyone who can chat about similar experiences. Brain cancer is a unknown- lung cancer in all too familiar with, having lost my mum, brother and auntie in 2013/2014 respectively. 

Any input would be most welcome. 

Billie_C
Posted by

Hello

I am in the same position as I have just been diagnosed with Stage 3, however I'm unsure as to what the tumour is specifically. I start radiotherapy and chemotherapy in the next couple of weeks as I meet up with the nurse on Tuesday to give me more info. Stay strong, I know I'm trying to aswell. I know it's scary but I'm determined to beat the stats. 

lou1979
Posted by

Hiya, 

Thank you for replying to my post. 

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. 

My dad has been pretty positive in himself so that's helping us all. I hope your meeting with the nurse goes as well as can be. I will be thinking of you. 

Billie_C
Posted by

Hi,

Thanks very much, I hope everything goes well with you. Keep posing if it's helps with updates. 

lou1979
Posted by

Hey, 

I've been thinking of you. How did yesterday go? X

Billie_C
Posted by

Hey, 

It went ok, they just took me through the plan for my radiotherapy and chemotherapy. I've got another appointment on Monday to get the mask fixed that I'd need for the radiotherapy, and then I'll wait another 2 weeks before the radiotherapy starts. Then after that I'll be taking the tablets for chemotherapy. I hope it all goes well.