Brain tumours

A place for people affected by brain tumours or brain cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Hyponatremia and GBM brain tumour

Ashwell
Posted by

Hi

Is there a link between Gbm and hyponatremia/SIADH. My dad gbm patient detected dec, 2015 surgery same month. Radio plus chemo. Had completed 9 cycles till Jan 2017. Progression shown in feb 2017 mri. Doctors asking to give avastin.

Need views is there link between low sodium and gbm tumour.Can low sodium because of steriods or aed drugs. Can we give avastin now. What are benefits of avastin. Does it gives survival hope.

Dad ok now but urinary incontinence is there, difficulty in walking, we cant understand what he wants to communicate.

daloni
Posted by

Hi Ashwell, 

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. 

As to your questions, that's above my pay grade I'm afraid so I can't help. But I know someone who might. The Macmillan nurses on the helpline will be able to help you go through the research. So do give them a try - the number is below. 

Xxx

Ashwell
Posted by

hi friends

need your views please. Did any one faced hyponatremia in GBM  Tumour brain

WehaveGBM4
Posted by

Hi Ashwell,

I recall this being written about by 'Still Laughing' when her mother had both conditions. You may be able to search for her discussions and private message her. Her name is Nikki and I searched and found this odisussion that I was part of  - SIADH is well through the discussion. Hope the link works   All the best Jan

community.macmillan.org.uk/.../816120