Brain tumours

For people affected by brain tumours or brain cancer to get together, ask questions, share experiences and support each other

Mixed Grade 3/4 story of hope.

StrausstheShrimp87
Posted by

Hi.

Read my bio for more details, but, thought I'd share the bit of hope I spent many hours trawling the Internet for two years ago.

Scan results today have confirmed that I have no tumour activity, everything is settled and even my (usually stern) consultant couldn't conceal his happiness today at telling me I can now move on to six monthly scans, which seemed to be a distant dream this time last year as I was barely able to move from the after effects of temozolomide and intensive radiotherapy treatment. I never thought I'd be able to write a post like this. 

I hope this helps just one person sometime x Please message me if you want more details or support. 

gregm
Posted by

Hi StraustheShrimp,

Thank you for sharing that news, it gives a sense of hope and possibilities to those just starting out on treatment or in the midst of it.

Long may your good results continue!

Greg 

Karelyn
Posted by

Thank you for posting, it does indeed give hope. My DD age 22 started radio today for a grade 4 astrocytoma gbm4. She had only one symptom pre diagnosis- a slight hearing problem. We pray that she will continue to be strong through the treatment.

astroboy
Posted by

Hi I was diagnosed with a front right AA grade 3/4 in Nov 2013. I had 2 x surgery followed by standard chemo/radio. Since I finished treatment around June 2014 I have had clear scans with no sign of disease. I found some interesting information about the IDH1 mutation combined with over 90% removal of the tumour showing very good results over a long period. I hope I fall into that category. To everyone reading this, don't give up, I nearly did but I'm so glad I kept going!!

Itsmywifeiworryabout

Just want to say "Congratulations". Everytime we hear good news it always helps.