Worried my husband had a brain tumour

• 1 reply
  • 47 subscribers

Hi, I know I’m probably over reacting but I really can’t help it. I’m so worried my husband has a brain tumour, he’s been experiencing headaches on one side of his head. It’s worse when he sits it lays down. The pain sometimes wakes him up at night. This has been going on for a few weeks. He’s been to the doctors and they can’t pin point the reason. He’s waiting for an appointment for a ct scan. I wouldn’t normally worry so much but my dad was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer a few years ago and in March this year my mum breast cancer. They are relatively young and healthy so was a complete shock. So now I fear the worst with everything. I don’t want to speak to my family about it as I don’t want them to worry. I’m just so worried I can’t help it. 

• Hi Mrs AR

welcome to the online community. Glad you reached out if you are concerned about your husband's headaches. Not knowing and wondering "what if" is more scary than knowing in my experience.

However, I would be wary of thinking the worst without any scans having been done. I can understand why you're worried, especially with your parents ill health but please try to remain positive. My own husband was diagnosed a year ago with a brain tumour and in actual fact, headaches were not and are not an issue to him. People can suffer headaches for many different, and less sinister reasons so I hope your husband's turn out to be innocent.

Macmillan Support Services also offer lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen. It’s free to call 0808 808 0000. Most services are available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Stay strong. Sending you a big virtual hug.

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm