just a little update.

just thought I would give all you wonderful guys an update,I do pop back now and again but it has not been easy with the new site,It is  just about eleven months since I had my APR operation, I have regained about ninety percent of my strength and fitness but will never be the man I was, managing the stoma really well and feel really good, although I know that means nothing in the cancer world and my next scan in mid October will tell me where I am regarding that, on the fifth of July myself and two guys from work rode 61 miles from Old Trafford at Manchester to the Pleasure beach at Blackpool even though we faced 45 mile per hour winds all the way back to Blackpool we still finished the ride in six and a half hours and raised £1600 for bowelcanceruk, about six weeks ago I came up with an Idea of a triathlon with a twist, this involved four fantastic ladies who are all stage four cancer survivors, and myself, Last Saturday I started proceedings with a 35 mile cycle ride in the countryside and around the Fylde coast,then as I finished one of the Ladies who lives in Scotland swam a mile in loch ore, when she finished one of the ladies in Dorset and two of the ladies in Liverpool ran Three and a half miles to complete the triathlon, it was an amazing day and I was humbled by the guts and determination of all of the girls for completing the challenge, up to now the challenge has raised over £6000 for bowelcanceruk, this is the link if anyone would like to donate www.justgiving.com/...7CcgHZq7nAMZFQScYad2GGn6bu_cTh5TQ I hope every one is dealing with their individual journeys as best as they can, and wishing all you guys the very best, take care, cheers john xxx