Our daily Boris Break Tit-Bits

Good morning,  here.

This morning will see us well into our Boris Break, 3 glorious months, 12 weeks, 84 days, of self isolation confined to the house, no contact with the outside world, well not exactly thanks to this virtual technology we can speak to each other and share our tit bits in life.

What I have in mind with the start of this thread is to have an ongoing page for the duration of our Boris Break where we can come on here and 

tell of some good news, 

fume at the letter with bad news, 

a new flower in the garden, anything that brought a smile to your face, 

annoyed you, 

made you to lose your temper, 

the telephone call from a small child or a long lost friend.

Acknowledge an act of kindness you've received.

or the scam phone call telling you that your broadband is going down.

What you think about the hoarders, when you need some milk, bread and the essentials and can't get an online delivery slot.

Ask a question.

If you've something to share this is the place to bring it to.

I think - hope - that you can see where I'm going with this as an outlet to share a small bit of your day with the rest of us.

Not intended to be a discussion just a place where you come on to tell others that you're feeling good or you're feeling like sh** or cr## and want to get it off your chest. We may not like our Boris Break but we can make the time pass by posting our Tit Bits, on this page which I have headed up Our daily Boris Break Tit-Bitsso what about it, will you join  by posting your daily, hourly events that have crossed your day and sharing the good and the not so good with each other.

Could I kick this off, just spotted on eBay Andrex Classic Clean Toilet Roll, 4 rolls - White for £12.50 plus £2.90 postage. 

To make it easy I will refresh the page daily to bring it back to the top.

Looking forward to reading your stories, incidentally how many remember the weekly magazine printed on cheap paper until 1984 that was a mini encyclopedia of human interest stories.

How many of you will be enjoying your morning coffee the same as me at 11 am.

Ian

CC

Instant Quiz Question

Which is the best biscuit to dunk in your morning coffee?

• has been TAGGED.

Yes friends I have been tagged, this morning I received a phone from my local County Council, Early Intervention Service, Adult Social Care Team to inform me that an engineer was on his way to fit a control box in my house.

My tag comprises a wrist worn device that I can activate as a personal alarm and should I have fall the device will active a call to the call centre, also was left a personal alarm wrist device as a backup.

The engineer checked my smoke alarms, recently fitted by the fire service and replaced one which is now monitored by the control room.

My carbon monoxide device was pushed to 1 side and replaced with a monitored one, and at the front door a panic button was installed in case I have unwanted callers and feel threatened, the control office can monitor the conversation and take action.

And there's more outside the house the engineer fitted a key safe, set it up and had me registered with a local responder who will call on me to access my needs unless the control office calls for emergency help.

All this from my local County Council, with the help of the British Red Cross, I should be safer in my house and all for the princely sum of £3.25 per week.

All the above and being looked after by my local hospice, makes me want to settle down and enjoy my Boris Break with my afternoon tea and chocolate digestive. (Can you dunk them?)

Ian

CC

With 2 Certificates in Stoma Care and Management.

You can find me in * Stoma Support * Bowel * Carers * Anal * Family & Friends * Bereavement * Diagnosed at a Young Age * Parents of Young Children * New to the Community * Living with incurable cancer - incurable patients only / End of Life (and others)

Macmillan Support Team 0808 808 0000 Monday to Sunday 8 am to 8 pm, a delay in answering might be experienced.

What is a Community Champion?

The BODACH is LIVING WITH A ST● MA

• So glad to hear you are going to be looked after . We want you safe . Great to hear .

Kings Mill Bread delivered two big crates of bread for all NHS staff to take home who might have difficulties acquiring some ! Nice thing to do .

Court 

• Spring cleaning my garden bar previously a shed but that's a swear word. Definitely keeping me safe and sane in the current climate.

Stay safe

Mark

Every day is a good day regardless
  • Good morning all, the Boris Break continues many thanks to all who popped in yesterday to share their tit-bits.

I start Friday morning with this text I received from the NHS

Inaccurate information is circulating regarding special "rescue packs" for patients with pre-existing respiratory conditions such as asthma or COPD. Please do not contact your GP practice for a rescue pack. You should continue to manage your condition in the usual way and go to https://111.nhs.covid-19
    d

This is just one of the many scams circulating at present, be carefully of items appearing in your in box. Have you received one share it with us.

Apologies for starting on a gloomy note, I am sure that you are all eager to share some of your happy thoughts and pictures with us. I know that one of our team Admin  has an interesting suggestion for keeping in touch with the family.

Off to have an early coffee, remember the best dunking biscuit has not yet been settled.

Keep your Tit-bits flowing

Ian

CC

ps mark  hope the tidying up wasn't just an excuse to do some sampling!

You can find me in * Stoma Support * Bowel * Carers * Anal * Family & Friends * Bereavement * Diagnosed at a Young Age * Parents of Young Children * New to the Community * Living with incurable cancer - incurable patients only / End of Life (and others)

Macmillan Support Team 0808 808 0000 Monday to Sunday 8 am to 8 pm, a delay in answering might be experienced.

• My fellow champion has just posted This picture.

Walkies anyone?

Ian

CC

• Wow and all for you?! You’ve more there than my local Sainsbury’s! Well jealous Stuck out tongue winking eye x

• Copy of email received from Tesco

----- Forwarded message -----
    Sent: Friday, 27 March 2020, 06:26:16 GMT
    Subject: Ian, we’re making some changes to online delivery
     Tesco.com   

Important changes to shopping online at tesco.com and online delivery

Hello,

As you know, we’re currently experiencing a very high demand for our delivery and Click+Collect slots. We’re doing everything we can to increase the number of customers we can safely deliver to. 

That’s why we’ll be making some changes:

From today, we’ll be capping the number of items you can add to your online basket to 80. This means that if you make a change to an existing tesco.com order* or place a new order, you’ll only be able to order a maximum of 80 items. To help give everyone access to the essentials, every product will still be limited to a maximum of 3 per customer**. 

• To help keep everyone safe, you’ll start to see all of your orders arriving bagged. This will also limit the amount of time customers and drivers need to spend on the doorstep.

We’re at full capacity for the next few weeks and we ask those who are able to safely come to stores to do so, instead of shopping online. This will help us to free up more slots for the more vulnerable.

If you have any other questions about shopping online, please visit our FAQ page. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Zoe Evans
    UK Customer Engagement Centre

Terms and conditions

*Due to our new restrictions, if you make any changes to a current order that contains more than 80 items, you’ll be unable to check out until you’ve reduced your basket down to 80 items or less. 

**Maximum of 2 on some items, like painkillers and toilet rolls.

Standard terms and conditions apply. For more details, please visit tesco.com/help/terms-and-conditions.

This is an email from Tesco Stores Limited (company number 519500). Registered in England. Registered office: Tesco House, Shire Park, Kestrel Way, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1GA. VAT registration number: GB 220 4302 31. Read our privacy and cookies policy.

Ian
    CC

• Omg they are allowing 80 itemsthat's far too many even with a large family!! No wonder we can't get anything!!

Stay safe

Peacock62 xxx 

• Ah, thanks Ian! I hope you don't mind me sharing here but as The Bodach has tagged me, I'm hoping that means it's alright to share. 

My gran is 91 and lives on her own, she's partially blind and deaf and we're really close so having to stay away from her has been really hard and I've been worrying about her being on her own. We bought her a portal, which essentially means she can video chat and so we had a video call for the first time the other day and it totally made my week. It's been so good to stay connected and she was over the moon that she could see us.

We've got coffee dates everyday now! 

• My fellow champ  asked for a quiz 

So here for her and everyone else is a Brainteaserfor you to ponder over with your morning coffee

They dominate your television screens who are they

Who is the Prime minister

What position does Rishi Sunak hold

Priti Patel is the secretary of state for 

What position does Matt Hancock hold

Dominic Raab is the

Can you name the buildings the 3 regional parliament's/assemblies sit in

Wales

Ireland

Scotland

Who is Scotland's first minister

(Real name or any other name known by!)

Who is the leader of the Welsh assembly

Who is the first minister of the Northern Ireland Assembly  

Enjoy your coffee and biscuit.

Ian 

CC

NOTE to fellow champ,  you asked for a quiz here it is!

our daily Boris break tit bits