Bowel (colon and rectum) cancer

A support group for anyone affected by colon, rectal or small bowel cancer to come together, share experiences and ask questions.

Best News

loobyloo2207
Posted by

Hiya,

Well, I had my 5-year colonoscopy today...back to the endoscopy unit where it all started for me. And has now finished for me. I was given the all-clear - no polyps, nothing. Best news. I can now say officially that I did it... I beat cancer. Of course, I have the scars and will have life-long reminders of what I've gone through. I also feel that I've changed a bit too - things that perhaps stressed me before don't anymore as I've learned what truly matters. I'm one of the fortunate ones to get to this point, and I'm so thankful to everyone who helped - medical staff and friends and family. I just wanted to let you all know. And whilst I don't have cancer any more - officially - I'll still be around and if I feel I can help, I'll join in the discussion. 

Linda (who beat stage 3 bowel cancer!) :-)

court
Posted by

Yippee Linda ,

Great news for you . Delighted your going to stay and help out too as it's such an encouragement  to other people .

take care,

Court

loobyloo2207
Posted by

Thanks, Court! I got a lot of support from everyone here. It makes a huge difference to ask our silly/daft questions and know that someone, somewhere will have the answer! So I'll be sticking around - my treatments have probably changed, and I know that things will develop, but if I can encourage someone in some small way, it's worth it.

Linda :-)

VickiLynne
Posted by

Great news Linda.  

Take care

Lynne

Kareno62
Posted by

Aw what fantastic news Linda. It's so lovely to hear a success story. I'm a long way behind you but hope for the same result

Take care

Karen x

cairofred
Posted by

Wonderful news and thanks for sharing, it does give us people who are waiting anxiously for loved ones results of their treatment, hope.

EdP
Posted by

Congratulations Linda that is great news and very encouraging for others going through a similar thing. I hope I can join you in the clear club 9 months today!

Best wishes

EdP

everhopeful
Posted by

Brilliant news Linda, I'm one year behind you, same stage ,  so hopefully this time next year I'll be saying the same. 

All the very best

Ann  

Poppy4
Posted by

That's fantastic! My husband has got his final maintenance scan soon and fingers crossed if that is ok he too will be free of stAge 3 bowel cancer! There is hope for anyone going through this!

lorraine51
Posted by

Linda,

Well Done on winning the fight.

Very Best Wishes.x

loobyloo2207
Posted by

Thanks everyone. Sometimes when we hear of someone's progress, it can encourage ourselves. When I was first diagnosed, an old family friend (who was in his 80s when diagnosed) said that he got through all of his treatment, and I thought at the time that if he could do it, so could I. When we don't know what's in front of us, it can often make things seem much worse than they are. But treatments are changing and advancing, and as we see here, more and more of us are surviving. 

Who knows what the future holds for any of us, but if we have hope, that goes a long way!

Linda xx

Lifer
Posted by

Great Great news Linda. Definitely stay on here, you're beating it gives hope and a fighting spirit to people who are struggling. Very Happy for you!

ClaraMF
Posted by

I'm stage 4 as it's on my lung one spot .scanner we ro see if it's gone has surgery on bowel in feb

Hope o get ro at the same one day that no signs of it etc .always hangs over us doesn't it .